OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Problem with Bushnell cutomer service

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Problem with Bushnell cutomer service
    Posted: July/07/2009 at 14:22
I posted a thread this past weekend about my elite 3200 and POI change with magnification change........
So I called the cust. service number and got a lousy attitude. I was told that it was probably not covered but to send it in with $10 and they would have a look. I then informed this woman that I should be covered under the one year replacement since the scope is a week old. I also informed her that in the booklet that came with the scope, it states Bushnell will pay return shipping anywhere in the CONUS. She said she had never heard of this. Then after a little back and forth she told me to send the $10 if i felt like it and not to send it if i didn't......???????? What kind of policy is that?
So then I sent an email to the supervisor Shawn Larimer. No response.... So I sent it again today and carbon copied Steve Smith. Still no response. What should I do????

Anyone else have similar exp. w/ bushnell?
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
R. Reagan
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 14:25
It's only a week old? Where did you purchase it from? Did you pay by credit card?
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 14:31
Hmmm. I'm looking for a spotting scope and a Bushnell Legend has been on the top of my list, with an Alpen, and Nikon also in consideration. This may make the decission a little harder.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 14:35
I had an old Bushnell where the reticle fell apart. It wasn't under warranty and I sent it in for repair. They sent me a new one no questions asked. If memory servers me all I had to do was pay the return shipping. Received it back within a month of sending it.  
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
papa_bear View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 14:41
I bought it from Glauber's Sports. I paid with a credit card. I would steer clear of Bushnell as I have just read some other horror stories about there customer service. One was on some sniper forum and anothr was on a golf forum. Problem with the laser range finder. I wish I would have known this before I dropped $219 on a piece of junk scope. I also contacted Glauber Sports and they told me to use Bushnell's warranty. What is goin on with the piss poor customer service lately?
"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
R. Reagan
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 14:43
Sent a tactical 6-24 back for a refund, they said 6-8 weeks, I had it in 3-4 (if memory serves me correctly.)

Be glad you called and got an actual person - rude and oblivious as she might be.

I have reached the point in life where I will spend more for great service, I hate getting bad service.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 14:44
Originally posted by papa_bear papa_bear wrote:

I bought it from Glauber's Sports. I paid with a credit card. I would steer clear of Bushnell as I have just read some other horror stories about there customer service. One was on some sniper forum and anothr was on a golf forum. Problem with the laser range finder. I wish I would have known this before I dropped $219 on a piece of junk scope. I also contacted Glauber Sports and they told me to use Bushnell's warranty. What is goin on with the piss poor customer service lately?

It's cheaper than good customer service.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 14:45
call back and you will probably get someone new this time

if they give you the run around ask to speak to the customer service manager

Edited by ccoker - July/07/2009 at 14:46
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 15:04
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

call back and you will probably get someone new this time

if they give you the run around ask to speak to the customer service manager

+1.  If you get the run around, just ask to speak to their supervisor.  If you get heck there, keep going up the ladder.  Eventually you will come to someone who has the authority or the gumption to fix the problem.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 15:25
Bushnell does need to work on their customer service. It's not their warranty policies that suck so much as using completely untrained personnel. I have yet to talk to anybody at Bushnell the knew the ocular from the objective. And no I'm not kidding. They know absolutely nothing about their products and almost nothing about scopes. Having some experience in call centers I'd hazard a guess that they are using temps that are trained just enough to setup an RMA, and seeing a 30% turnover every month. Some companies take that approach, that it's just cheaper to swap scopes out than it is to help a customer through a problem.
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 20:14
Have to agree with the opinions on the Bushnell customer service.  Not a big fan of the lack of it.  I'll pay more for a scope from a company that will take care of the issues and knows their product.  I have had very good customer service from Sightron, Swarovski and (believe it or not) Kahles.  That could be why my collection has mostly those brands.
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 11:58
 I'd like to comment on Bushnell's customer service. I own a 2.5-10x40 Elite 4200 and apparently my lens caps grew legs and walked off, so I was in need of another set. I called Bushnell today and asked them if I could buy a replacement set (didn't try to warranty as this was my fault). To my surprise, the gentleman offered to send them to me free of charge.

Now, I know the lens caps are only $4 + S/H, but I'm greatly appreciative of this, they could've charged me $8-10 but they didn't. I've never had to get any warranty work done so I can't comment on that, and I know warranty work is a lot more important than a set of lens caps, but this means a lot to me. So far, Bushnell is Super in my book.Excellent
papa_bear View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 13:44
Im gonna have to call BS Flag on you sir. I called the 800 # and got dirt treatment, even though I was extremely polite the whole time. I then sent 3 email's. One of which was to the head of customer service, with no reply.  I was even told to send money for return shipping, but if you look at the manual's warranty page 7, #3 Say's

( 3. You are responsible for transport of the defective product, but  we will pay  for shipping the repaired or replacement back to you anywhere in the continental United States.)

Now when I spoke to the customer service rep, I was told "I had never heard of this and I'm the one in charge of the warrany's." after telling her I wanted to speak to a supervisor She said to "send $10 if I felt like it or don't send if I didn't feel comfortable." and hung up.

I highly doubt they are shipping you anything for free. Infact, I know of a big company (I won't name)that I recently had a problem with and after posting some emails I had with the company's employee's, I was soon after contacted by the "Special Channels Team Leader" with complete willingness to solve the problem. In other words the guy that goes on forums and website, raving about this "great product" they just came across and what a "superb company" such and such is. I have a feeling this might be the case with you. I have read probably 20 other horror stories about bushnell and the only 1 story, aside from your propaganda, about decent cust. service. And that guy happened to live close enough to the Bushnell service center to go in person. I'm actually looking into a way to ralttle some cages. I can understand a crappy customer service rep. but for the supervisor and head of the cust service department to completely ignore my email's is another story. I work hard for my money, and I feel Bushnell should be greatful for my business even if I'm not their biggest cutsomer.
R. Reagan
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 13:57
I have sent two Bushnell scopes back for repair and was treated well both times and had them back in 3 to 4 weeks I believe problems repaired. 

And that is not bullsh*t, so no need to pull the flag on me. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 14:00
 Well, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience with them. Like I said, these lens covers don't cost very much for the consumer and probably only cost them .50 cents to actually make. Maybe that's the reason they're sending them to me free of charge.

I do know that they have absolutely no way of charging me for them because he never asked for a credit card #, just my name, address and scope model. He told me to expect them within 10 business days. If they never arrive, I'll call BS on Bushnell's part. But until then, I'll be patiently waiting and I'll gladly post pictures of the lens caps, as well as the box they are shipped in with the senders address as soon as they arrive if you'd like to see them.

Also, I'm a nobody to Bushnell, they don't know me from Joe Dirt. I live in a small town in south Georgia (USA) with a population of about 20,000 people and I have no affiliation whatsoever with Bushnell.
papa_bear View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 14:08
Sorry didn't mean to come across the way I did. I'm am just going through this as of this week and I am extremely p'd off with Bushnell. Didn't mean to take it out on you. But I just paid $209 for the scope before shipping. Then $10 to fed-ex the scope to them with a $10 check to ship it back to me. Plus the couple of boxes of ammo to sight the defective scope in and the $12 range fee. And I'm out all this money with no scope on my rifle. Can you feel my pain?
R. Reagan
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 14:19
 I understand completely and I'm very sorry your having to go through this. If I recall correctly, this is your first Bushnell scope isn't it? If so, that makes me feel for you even more, because you got a dud right off the bat. I certainly hope they make it right for you. Maybe you should send someone important at Bushnell the link to this page. That would probably get someones wheels turning. It would definitely get my wheels turning if I worked at Bushnell.

BTW, no offense taken by your previous post.
ti-force View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ti-force Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2009 at 14:25
 I think I'm mistaken on that being your first Bushnell scope, I just looked and didn't see where I read that. Must have you confused with someone else.
papa_bear View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote papa_bear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2009 at 08:41
I finally got a response from Bushnell, a week later....

Thank You for your purchase of our Elite riflescopes.  I am sorry to hear your 3200 is causing you trouble, and I am especially apologetic for the manner in which you were treated on the phone.   You are correct, there is no need to send in a shipping and handling fee when returning an Elite riflescope.  You may ship this back with a copy of your original receipt if you wish to take advantage of our no questions asked warranty.  This refund process will take about six weeks.  It may be quicker to return the scope to your retailer.  Below is our address if you do decide to send it back.  Remember just put a copy of your original receipt and write a note stating you need a refund.

Thank You, Jacob

Jacob Loper

Bushnell Outdoor Products

Technical Support Supervisor

R. Reagan
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2009 at 09:10
   GOOD to hear.  So what's your impression?  I'm guessing you put "6 weeks" in bold letters?
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic