OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

First ammo, now this!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: First ammo, now this!
    Posted: July/07/2009 at 07:45
http://www.courier-journal.com From the business section of the Louisville Courier Journal
From Beam Brands, date line Knob Creek, Clermont Ky.  A Burbon Shortage.  Beam Brands small batch brand Knob Creek is announcing that they will run out of Knob Creek before the next years batch is ready.

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 07:54
  AIN"T NO WONDER!!!!!!!  With things being the way they are,it would drive the preacher to drink.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 11:04
That is sad news indeed.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 11:24
YikesDangit! I guess I'll either have to stock up (if I can),or I'll just have to pick up some Woodford or Blantons.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 11:50
O.K. then, break out the Crown Royal!
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 11:57
Hey we're talking about real Kentucky Bourbon here, not that Canadian koolaid! Knob Creek is a single barrell bourbon that will knock your d!(# n the dirt.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 12:14
 "not that Canadian koolaid!"

!!!!!!!

You must be confusing that with US beer Lynn!
God save the Empire!
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 12:17

Crown?

At least Seagram's has been on the Burbon trail.
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/07/2009 at 16:42
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Hey we're talking about real Kentucky Bourbon here, not that Canadian koolaid! Knob Creek is a single barrell bourbon that will knock your d!(# n the dirt.

+1  but my favorite bourbon is still Makers Mark.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 01:04
We still have Templeton Rye here in Iowa said to have been one of Al Capones favorites.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 10:25
Makers is also my favorite. The Knob Creek and Woodford are for special occasions.
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/08/2009 at 10:27
For my budget it is Wild Turkey or Beam Black.  Plenty of stock here.
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 01:29
Good Thing My Granddaddy (both of them) Us To Run & Make Shine.  
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 10:25
I had to quit drinking shine. I don't know, but there is just something about drinking shine and not feeling drunk until you stand up and fall on your face. Kinda hard to know when to say when.
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 11:11
Falling over is not a good enough sign?

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 11:26
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Falling over is telling me it's too late to enjoy tomorrow.
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 12:06
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Falling over is telling me it's too late to enjoy tomorrow.

So you are looking for more of a yield sign instead of a stop sign.  Understand.  Suppose drinking slower is out of the question.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 12:27
Drank slow enough, even snickered at the first guy that got up and stumbled. Didn't feel the least bit tipsy til I stood up, then I realized I was plowed. Just glad I didn't fall into the campfire. Now I just take a very small taste, and that's it. I hate hangovers!
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 13:15
Sounds like I need to make a trip to Kentucky.  It does hurt the pride you laugh at the other guy for not being able to walk and then you are not able to make it out of the chair without falling.  Been there done that a time or two while camping as well.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/09/2009 at 14:05
Yeah, we, or my friends, still talk about that night. First time they ever saw me drunk, and I never intended to get that way. Zero to drunk in one step. No wonder moonshine is so popular.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic