OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

hmmm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hmmm
    Posted: July/03/2009 at 15:03
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 15:10

Who knows whats she's going to do in the future

I'm classic shag nasty type.
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 15:17
I don't care much for quitters
First off, I don't care much for quitters..... so that has me a little concerned.  Not fulfilling your committment like that isn't kosher at all.  Granted, perhaps there is more to this story that has not yet been revealed... but there you have it.  Sarah doesn't have the Midas touch, she certainly can do wrong and make mistakes.  I have no illusions about that and conclude that she can do no wrong.  We shall see as that goes.

Something else to follow
So therefore I think something else is to follow.  TV show of "Oprah" or "Huckabee" style?  Some kind of governmental position?  Will she be the lead face of a certain organization?  Does Obama have some kind of new Czar position he has decided to bestow?  Is a senate seat in her sights?  It "sounds" like she will have a national focus of some kind but that is not clear.

Presidential 2012
Perhaps this, or 2016 is the target here but one thing is for sure.  If she has to depend on the media to illuminate her character to build a foundation... It is clear from the past media coverage that over half of the exposure will be beliteling, disparrraging, and unfair and serve an "agenda", which leads me to......

Revealing her persona
...if she does have a hope of a future she needs to get herself in front of the country in a venue where everyone can get to know her without this bias. For example, Huckabee started a show on Fox News.  I don't watch his show, but what little bit I have seen has given me an insight into his character and beliefs that is not clouded by some whack-job Olberman or high-powered female correspondent trying to make a name by punching him in the eye on behalf of Obama (to tie the election history to the discussion).

Sounds like a good speech, video to follow.....

Edited by Ick - July/03/2009 at 16:17
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 15:20
does she really need that long to prepare for a run at the white house? (2012)
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 15:22
  Most of the people in this country don't deserve her representation!  IF she stays in politics those of us who do support her better be willing to go the limit and beyond.  If she doesn't I can't say that I blame her.  We need someone to get behind so we can take our country back and so far I see no one else.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 15:24
One Reason she gave was legal battles cost the state so far two million and herself half a million.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 15:25
how about palin/farris 2012?
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 15:27
I was thinking Palin / Ick 2016 myself.....

Edited by Ick - July/03/2009 at 15:27
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 16:10
Originally posted by Ick Ick wrote:

I don't care much for quitters
First off, I don't care much for quitters..... so that has me a little concerned.  Not fulfilling your committment like that isn't kosher at all.  Granted, perhaps there is more to this story that has not yet been revealed... but there you have it.  Sarah doesn't have the Midas touch, she certainly can do wrong and make mistakes.  I have no illusions about that and conclude that she can do no wrong.  We shall see as that goes.

Something else to follow
So therefore I think something else is to follow.  TV show of "Oprah" or "Huckabee" style?  Some kind of governmental position?  Will she be the lead face of a certain organization?  Does Obama have some kind of new Czar position he has decided to bestow?  Is a senate seat in her sights?  It "sounds" like she will have a national focus of some kind but that is not clear.

Presidential 2012
Perhaps this, or 2016 is the target here but one thing is for sure.  If she has to depend on the media to illuminate her character to build a foundation... It is clear from the past media coverage that over half of the exposure will be beliteling, disparrraging, and unfair and serve an "agenda", which leads me to......

Revealing her persona
...if she does have a hope of a future she needs to get herself in front of the country in a venue where everyone can get to know her without this bias. For example, Huckabee started a show on Fox News.  I don't watch his show, but what little bit I have seen has given me an insight into his character and beliefs that is not clouded by some whack-job Olberman or high-powered female correspondent trying to make a name by punching him in the eye on behalf of Obama (to tie the election history to the discussion).

Sounds like a good speach, video to follow.....

OH FOR PETE'S SAKE!!  Maybe you would like another four years of What's-His-Face!!!   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 16:21
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

Maybe you would like another four years of What's-His-Face!!!   

Gosh, what could you possibly not like about the past 7 months?  Everything is peachy.  I mean think about it... if not for all the spending... well, lets just say he saved a trillion billion jobs.... and there is nothing you can do to prove otherwise!

Finally could this be someone to provide a consistent voice of reason and actually CHALLENGE the insane policies of the past 7 months?

No man has stepped up to do so, could it be the charge of this woman from Alaska?

Apparently so.

{sarcasm shown in bold for easy reference}

Edited by Ick - July/03/2009 at 16:23
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 16:30
Sarah Palin is more than qualified to be President.....she was actually BORN HERE!!!! 
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 23:35
If she waits until the end of her term it will be very hard if not impossible for her to raise the kind of cash to go against the foreign money that has backed Obama. He was elected by foreign money and not by the people of the United States. It will take a lot to fight the corruption of the system. Sad to say but true.

Edited by 3_tens - July/03/2009 at 23:35
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2009 at 13:25

Part 1
Palin Steps Down 1/2, Onward Sarah

Part 2
Palin Steps Down, 2/2, Onward Sarah

The Governor's website posted a transcript on Friday, July 3.  Here are my comments on several sections:

Quote So to serve the state is a humbling responsibility, because I know in my soul that Alaska is of such import, for America's security, in our very volatile world. And you know me by now, I promised even four years ago to show MY independence... no more conventional "politics as usual".

So she is saying she is doing this for reasons that you normally don’t see.  I tie-this in to her comments below.
We created a petroleum integrity office to oversee safe development. We held the line FOR Alaskans on Point Thomson - and finally for the first time in decades - they're drilling for oil and gas.

We have AGIA, the gasline project - a massive bi-partisan victory (the vote was 58 to 1!) - also succeeding as intended - protecting Alaskans as our clean natural gas will flow to energize us, and America, through a competitive, pro-private sector project. This is the largest private sector energy project, ever. THIS is energy independence.

And ACES - another bipartisan effort - is working as intended and industry is publicly acknowledging its success. Our new oil and gas "clear and equitable formula" is so Alaskans will no longer be taken advantage of. ACES incentivizes NEW exploration and development and JOBS that were previously not going to happen with a monopolized North Slope oil basin.

We cleaned up previously accepted unethical actions; we ushered in bi-partisan Ethics Reform.

We also slowed the rate of government growth, we worked with the Legislature to save billions of dollars for the future, and I made no lobbyist friends with my hundreds of millions of dollars in budget vetoes... but living beyond our means today is irresponsible for tomorrow.

We took government out of the dairy business and put it back into private-sector hands - where it should be.

We provided unprecedented support for education initiatives, and with the right leadership, finally filled long-vacant public safety positions. We built a sub-Cabinet on Climate Change and took heat from Outside special interests for our biologically-sound wildlife management for abundance.

We broke ground on the new prison.

And we made common sense conservative choices to eliminate personal luxuries like the jet, the chef, the junkets... the entourage.

And the Lt. Governor and I said "no" to our pay raises. So much success in this first term - and with this success I am proud to take credit... for hiring the right people! Our goal was to achieve a gasline project, more fair oil and gas valuation, and ethics reform in four years. We did it in two. It's because of the people... good public servants surrounding the Governor's office, with servants' hearts and astounding work ethic... THEY are Alaska's success!

Notice anything?  Very specific and almost irrefutable evidence of ACTUAL WORK and ACTUAL RESULTS.  Not talk, not questionable associations, not “voting present” and avoiding issues.  This section was in stark contrast to Obama I think.

Quote We are doing well! I wish you'd hear MORE from the media of your state's progress...

An obvious reference to the fact that the media is biased against reporting actual results.  I certainly see the bias to “hide” things like this... but perhaps I don’t see clearly about that.

Quote ...Even those debt-ridden stimulus dollars that would force the heavy hand of federal government into our communities with an "all-knowing attitude" - I have taken the slings and arrows with that unpopular move to veto because I know being right is better than being popular. Some of those dollars would harm Alaska and harm America - I resisted those dollars because of the obscene national debt we're forcing our children to pay, because of today's Big Government spending; it's immoral and doesn't even make economic sense!

...and that, my friends, needs to be said more often.  This needs to be THE battle cry of the Tea Parties.

Quote But you don't hear much of the good stuff in the press anymore, do you?

Said again to make sure you didn’t miss it?

Quote Political operatives descended on Alaska last August, digging for dirt. The ethics law I championed became their weapon of choice. Over the past nine months I've been accused of all sorts of frivolous ethics violations - such as holding a fish in a photograph, wearing a jacket with a logo on it, and answering reporters' questions.

Every one - all 15 of the ethics complaints have been dismissed. We've won! But it hasn't been cheap - the State has wasted THOUSANDS of hours of YOUR time and shelled out some two million of YOUR dollars to respond to "opposition research" - that's money NOT going to fund teachers or troopers - or safer roads. And this political absurdity, the "politics of personal destruction" ... Todd and I are looking at more than half a million dollars in legal bills in order to set the record straight. And what about the people who offer up these silly accusations? It doesn't cost them a dime so they're not going to stop draining public resources - spending other peoples' money in their game.

It's pretty insane - my staff and I spend most of our day dealing with THIS instead of progressing our state now. I know I promised no more "politics as usual," but THIS isn't what anyone had in mind for ALASKA. If I have learned one thing: LIFE is about choices!

And one chooses how to react to circumstances. You can choose to engage in things that tear down, or build up. I choose to work very hard on a path for fruitfulness and productivity. I choose NOT to tear down and waste precious time; but to build UP this state and our country, and her industrious, generous, patriotic, free people!

This, I believe, is the REASON she is stepping down.  Don’t get me wrong, she has future plans and this opens those doors for her, but this seems to be the reason.  Her staying in office will harm Alaska, cost the State money, cost the state resources.  It will tie up the state in endless counter-productive activities.  She is the target.  It is time to move “the target” away from the Governor’s position.  There is too much collateral damage.  THIS is the “no more conventional ‘politics as usual.’”  I applaud her for her WISDOM in not doing what is politically expedient for her to do.... stick it out and hamper her state.... but to step aside to save her state from harm.  I am no fan of “quitting”, that disappoints me about her and this situation, but maybe she has a point.  When a player is hindering a team in a sport, it is time to get off the field and find a new role.  There is no sense continuing to play the game when you jeopardize the team effort.

Oh, I almost forgot.  See that BOLD sentence in the last quote?  Were you aware that she was CLEARED of all ethics charges?  I bet you weren’t.  It wasn’t reported in the media much.  I know I almost missed it. Interesting to say the least.

NATURALLY, this is where most of the news outlets CHOSE to cut of her message.  Here is the rest.  You decide if they should have played the whole thing.

[quote]Life is too short to compromise time and resources... it may be tempting and more comfortable to just keep your head down, plod along, and appease those who demand: "Sit down and

--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic