OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Eating the wifes flowers.... again...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Eating the wifes flowers.... again...
    Posted: July/02/2009 at 06:57
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 07:17
  Yea,no class at all!!

"I ain't got time to bleed!"
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 07:43
HA... when are you going to put a collar on him??
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 07:53
Looks like you boys are hunting over bait.....Smile
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 07:54
   Haven't seen him since before last rifle season. He either got busted or he'll show up when the bucks come around here for the girls during the rut.
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 08:06
Originally posted by BillyWayne BillyWayne wrote:

Looks like you boys are hunting over bait.....Smile

If Hostas and flowers are bait, then i'm guilty!  I have learned more about deer behavior in my own back yard than I ever did hunting them in the wilds....  Its amazing to me how quickly they will adapt and start to trust you.  We can walk in our yard and as long as we keep 30 feet or so away from them... They will not run.  Won't even raise their flag.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 11:10

Had a doe come through the front yard with her fawn a couple of times this week. Probably trying to check out our garden. Keeps our shepherds busy. It's gonna be a pain when the corn comes in.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 12:32
The sweet corn is ripe here. My brother in law has 25 ac of corn and 1400 tomato plants. The Coons come out of the Haikey creek bottoms and raid the corn. Groups of 4 - 10 Coons at a time cross the road to get to the field. He counted 42 one evening last week. His field borders a new subdivision and the police will not let him shoot them. This will be the last time he uses this field for corn. He has lost almost 1/2 the crop. The same idiots complain about the price of the corn just so he will not lose all of the investment of planting the crop. 

Edited by 3_tens - July/02/2009 at 12:35
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 12:45
sounds like you need some kind of animal zapper, BB gun, or paintball rifle.

\

I wonder if you could set up some kind of alarm system that when it zaps one of these coons, it beeps.  You can go out and "mop up" the dazed criminal.

Of course, the neghborhood cats may never treat you with quite the same warmth any longer.

--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 13:39
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Yea,no class at all!!

How did you teach bucky to line the fruit up like that?

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 13:55

3tens, your brother-in-law needs a suppressed 10/22 with a starlight scope, or he needs to sell his property to the government for government subsidised housing Devil

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 14:17
Originally posted by Bigdaddy0381 Bigdaddy0381 wrote:

How did you teach bucky to line the fruit up like that?

lol.  It is a Fallow Deer.  It fallowed the directions given!

Edited by Ick - July/02/2009 at 14:19
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 14:27
   Didn't have to teach him. If you'll notice,he'd have 13 rows when he's done. He use to hang out with 12 other deer. Just a friendly kinda guy I guess.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 15:20
I know the deer here, will stand on the front porch and clean every pansy the wife plants down to the roots and never bat an eye about you watchin'.  My wife thinks I should bow hunt in the front yard.  Some neighbors would help, some would call the game warden.  So she feeds them again.  Oh and human hair?  It doesn't work, bitter sweets doesn't work either.  I guess when your starving, you really will eat anything.    
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 15:38
Try moth balls, I hear they work really well. I've used them in the past, but I can't stand the screaming when you pluck them off the moth.Yikes
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 15:49

Police   PETA Police,Mr BeltFed!  Heard you been torturing moths?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 15:55
I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, and I demand proof! Besides moths are insects, not animules, and you have no jurisdiction here.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 16:15
   " I've used them in the past, but I can't stand the screaming when you pluck them off the moth.Yikes "

Police  Gotta watch what ya say around here,Mr.BeltFed.  No jurisdiction here? Didn't read BO's stimulus bill did ya?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 16:38
Dats ah miss de meanor ans yous gots ta see me doos it! I knows da law mofo popo. Jus cause I says it don't mean it's true.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 00:42
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Police   PETA Police,Mr BeltFed!  Heard you been torturing moths?
       P.E.T.A. People Eating Tasty Animals

I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic