OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hawke optics

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawke optics
    Posted: June/25/2009 at 22:06
They sent me several scopes to ck out and so far have been awesome to work with.

After looking over most of their product line I picked the Endurance 30mm as the best ones for my needs. On a scale of 1-10 this is their 8 as far as price range goes and seems to be a real value for money spent.

So far I have only used one an Endurance 30 2.5-10x56 illuminated which I mounted on a CZ 550 9.3x62. After mounting I did my normal check on the boresighter. 20 clicks left, 20 down, 20 right and 20 up. Did this twice and both times it went back to center. Then I went from 2.5-10x and did not see any change in POI or movement in the reticle. So far I've shot 39rds of full charge 286gr loads with no change in zero. Optically I would compare it to a Leupold VX-III, not quite as good as a Bushnell 4200.

I really like the reticle (kind of a thin German #4 with illuminated dot) and the overall look of the scopes in the Endurance line.

At under $400. retail, for the money it seems to be a real value so far.

I'm headed to S Africa on Sat for a 30 day hunt, this will be the real test!!!!!! I'm taking my Bushnell Elite 4200 though just in case................................
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2009 at 00:11
  THANKS for the info/review,Bill.

Have GOOD and SAFE hunt.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2009 at 11:28
30 days!! Shocked  You lucky dog!

Can't wait to hear all about it and see some pictures.

Good luck and have a great time.
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2009 at 15:30
Hope you have a great trip.  A whole month, WOW!!!  I'm sure you will have some great stories upon your return.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2009 at 15:38
thanks and have fun!!! 
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2009 at 19:22
Wow, Bill, I'm envious!

Please do post pics and stories when you return!

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, sir!
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2009 at 19:28
Send them pictures, I want steaks...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mastsif man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
D. Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastsif man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2009 at 21:20
hawke makes very nice scopes at a great price point with a great reticle system in the SR and MAP reticles.  the endurance scopes do not include these reticles, but is a very nice scope in it's on right.  i own one of these too.  have a good trip.  i too am envious.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2009 at 13:53
WOW a whole month.........I too own a Hawke scope and so far I feel that for the money they provide a good quality product and the ballistic calculator is great option......
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/30/2009 at 20:06
Thirty days!!!   You HAWG, You!!!    Big Grin               Roll on Floor Laughing

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
1911man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 04:30

So far so good with Hawke in Africa. Both of my 9.3x62 rifles were still zeroed when I got here and I took a big Eland bull yesterday from 250yds with a hit low on the shoulder. The Barnes TSX did it's job and he only ran about 50yds.. Was a good hunt, we stalked from over 1000yds and I shot him accross a canyon.

I plan to put the whole story of the hunt and lots of pics up on my ranch web site when we return. Aircard connection way too slow here to send pictures.

Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 05:41

Excellent                 Yippee
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 06:24

Thunbs Up   Thunbs Up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 07:46
This is good stuff.  I look forward to reading more about and to see the pictures.
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/02/2009 at 10:19
hey Bill..
me and my son are very excited to come up and hunt with you!
thanks again!
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/03/2009 at 09:02
ExcellentYippeeHowdy THAT IS GREAT.........
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic