OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper on Li’l Bunny Foo Foo

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Super Sniper on Li’l Bunny Foo Foo
    Posted: June/02/2005 at 17:57

Photo contest entry submitted to SWFA.

Me and Li'l Bunny Foo Foo (my M-14) at our make shift desert range somewhere outside of FOB Bernstein during OIF II.  Super Sniper 16x42 with A.R.M.S. rings and QD base.

This particular day we had set up targets at 100m (to confirm zero) then 500, 600, 700 and 1300 (for s--ts and giggles). We had a 12 mph full value wind blowing right to left and it was getting unGodly hot, like it always did during the Iraqi summers.

After confirming my zero, I dialed in for 700 and proceeded to tag the "E" type silhouette. I was able to place all my shots into the target including a head shot that would've facilitated instant flaccid incapacitation.

Once I had rezeroed when we got in-country, my rifle held it's zero despite countless firing solutions and jarring rides in my HMMWV. The scope adjustments easily put me out to 1300 meters using 175 gr. M118LR. I wasn't able to consistantly hit at 1300 because the rifle was only a 2 MOA rifle (that's my story and I'm sticking with it), but the scope definitely had the come ups to take me there.

On another patrol, we were overwatching a target area and I wanted to test my range finding ability with the mil-dot reticle. We tested it against our LRAS3 (Long Range Advanced Scout Surveillance System--a high speed laser range finder). I sighted in on a "haji" and ranged him to approximately 650 meters out. The LRAS3 read 670. I then ranged on another "haji" further out and came up with 1100 meters. LRAS3 lased him at 1080 meters. Needless to say, I was very impressed with the mil-dot system on my scope.

Since getting back, the scope found a new home on my brand new .308 Winchester M70 Stealth. I look forward to breaking in the rifle and doing a lot of long range shooting with it. I'm just waiting on my reloader to come in the mail (I miss having free match grade ammo at my disposal).

My next rifle (Rem 700 PSS) will sport the Super Sniper 10X on top. I just wish my freakin' per diem check would come in sooner!!

Hugs and Kisses for a great product!!

SGT John "Brown Eye" Goden
Recon Scouts
HHC 1st BN 120th INF
30th Brigade Combat Team

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2005 at 04:27

"Instant flaccid incapacitation" I had to look up flaccid.

Terminate, with extreme prejudice

That's quite a testimony for the SS too. 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2005 at 17:17
"Instant flaccid incapacitation" there is a phrase I havent heard used for a while. Now I have to go change my shorts and have a smoke.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/25/2005 at 13:36
My simpathy goes out to you as I find my M1a seems to be only about a 2 MOA rifle as well (which drives me nuts). I have my eye on a M25 version of the M1a and am curious if anyone has actually shot one and cares to comment on it's accuracy since it would be very nice to have the auto loading hi cap that my bolt actions lack. As for the bolt guns take a serious look at the Tac Ops custom guns http://www.tacticaloperations.com/        http://www.snipercentral.com/bravo51.htm   NOTE:   .25 MOA Guarantee by Tac-Ops.  YES

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/08/2005 at 15:24

Chock another one up for the SS10x42.

Went to the range to put a couple downrange and help my good friend zero his huntin' rifle.  The thing is still zeroed so I only fired 9 rounds.  I think SWFA was thinking of me and somehow they knew what kind of loads I was going to shoot when they made this scope because I don't even have to adjust the thing.  My range only goes out to 500 yards and has paper at 100 yards, steel chickens at 200, pigs at 300, turkeys at 400, rams at 500, all of them are quite a bit smaller than the real animals.  I fired my first shot cold bore at 300 yards and smoked that piece of steel, my aiming point at 300 yards is the crosshair.  My next shot was at the turkeys 400 yards out.  My aiming point is the first mildot down center mass and I took that one out too with the second shot.  Then my third shot at 500 at the rams.  My aiming point for 500 is the second mildot down from the cross center mass.  Smoked that sucker too.  3 shots 3 targets down from 300 yards to 500 yards away.  I missed one shot out of the 9 I fired.  My friend was looking through my spotter and I also saw the impact and I swear the round went though the hole that is made by the rams head and horns.  Later I shot at the 200 using the first dot above the cross and that was right on as well.  What really excites me is I have two mildots left.  Now I have to find a 1000 yard range and see if those two mildots will be on at 600 and 700 yards.  Probably not because the rounds will drop off more farther out, but one can only hope.  As for now I have an SS10x42 that has bullet drop compensation mildots from 200 yards out to 500.

Fight Smarter
Not Harder
Gunner View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gunner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2005 at 13:48

I know that this may be an old thread but I am a new comer here and thought I could answer a question on the Springfield M25 "Whitefeather" Rifle. I have one that I purchased about a year or so ago. Very nicely made, Expensive as hell $4000.00 without optics. In its defense though the rifle is a solid shooter. 1 m.o.a. out to 400 yards with Gold Medal Match ammo. I have a 6.5-20 Zeiss Conquest mil-dot scope mounted with Badger rings (1" inserts) and am really impressed with the rifle. The rifle is consistant with just about anything I have shot through it, The McMillan stock is a real pleasure to shoot also. Would I buy another, no. I have a rifle(m21) built by Fulton Armory on a Smith Enterprises receiver that will shoot every bit as well for half the price . I only bought the Whitefeather as an impulse buy fearing another round of assault weapon legislation in the People Republik Of Kalifornia.

I am eager to try the White feather at ranges beyond 500 yards but my local range is limited to 500 yards.

Gunner

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 16:18
Back to the top...

This is an OLD thread. Some GOOD and NOT SO GOOD people on this one. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 18:28
Yeah, I miss Mithran.  Not so much diligaf....

ILya
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2015 at 19:02
Eduardo there is another word we haven't heard in a while" Dilligaf "!!!

😎. 👍
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic