OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

My latest yard ornament

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My latest yard ornament
    Posted: June/18/2009 at 06:33

This little one popped up a couple feet off the patio just a few weeks ago... The kids of course named him bambi... I call him, sweet and sour with peppers!

helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 06:38
Very cool.  Love seeing new creation like that!  Thunbs Up
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 06:53
Hmmmmmmmm, let me resize this a tad..........

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 06:59
Neat picture.  Have you seen mother around?
God save the Empire!
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 07:03
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

Neat picture.  Have you seen mother around?

Oh yes, her and others are all thru the yard.  You can actually be out in the yard with momma.  As long as you don't make sudden moves and stay 50 feet from her she will just forage around.  Eating all of my wifes flowers, hostas etc......  Last year we had twins running around the yard.  We have them every year.  This one was was born in the last 48 hours, could hardly stand up.  I could have petted it.. (of course I didn't before anybody starts yelling at me).
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 07:17
Sounds great.

Every year we get a pair of nesting mallards who take up residence in our swimming pool until I open it.  Non-hunters will never understand how we can love animals and still hunt.
God save the Empire!
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 07:30
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

Sounds great.

Every year we get a pair of nesting mallards who take up residence in our swimming pool until I open it.  Non-hunters will never understand how we can love animals and still hunt.

No they cannot.  We're actually fortunate, we have all sorts of wildlife at our house.  Even though I live in a subdivision and i'm only 1/3 mile from the interstate.  Most of my 1.5 acres is woods and we have a 5 acre pond in the back that the rest of the neighbors surround.  So we have all the critters, turkeys, deer, tons of chipmunks and squirrels, fox, possum, coons... big freaking snapping turtles, coyotes........ and the ducks and geese are crazy in the spring.  In the fall and spring the hawkes sit in the trees and pick off the squirrels and rabbits.  The turkey was on our front sidewalk and scared the hell out of my dad...

I work from home and my office window faces the back so I get a day at the wild kingdom every day.

Anybody that doesn't think animals are adaptable need to come spend a few hours in our area.
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 09:40

3 bucks in velvet just walked by the window 10 feet out..... I gotta keep a camera close by and post these.... incredible

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 09:50
Sweet and Sour?  Why waste good venison.   A touch of Dale's sauce and fresh cracked black pepper.    Devil
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 10:19
Couple of years ago, I was walking the dogs and walked up on a fawn laying in the tall grass. The dogs never knew it was there, fawns have no scent. I just kept walking. It was neat.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 11:32
Wow AJ all the animals and its in New Jersey of all places!!!  Do they all have the right number of eyes, legs and heads???
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 13:35
My brother in law in upstate NY found this little one a few weeks ago on the side of the road while driving to work one day. Mother was nowhere to be found so he took it to a wildlife rehab outfit and they took it from there.

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 13:43
Awww cute, good job and the rescue Excellent
I'm classic shag nasty type.
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 16:30
Wildlife is amazing.  Thanks for sharing.  If you want to increase the number of something, allow it to be hunted and the sportsmen will make sure they will thrive.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 17:19
I saw one jump THROUGH a woven wire fence a few years ago...that was pretty impressive.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic