OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

crossbow scopes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougedwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: crossbow scopes
    Posted: June/17/2009 at 08:01

Not sure what category this thread should fall under but I am wondering why there is  really very few available scopes for crossbows in today's market?   Yes, some do exist but none that have excellent dim light capability unless I am missing something. 

I have not handled the Hawke scopes so I am not sure about the glass in those scopes.  Does anyone have any knowledge of an available scope with a crossbow range type of reticle with little magnification and wide range of view and excellent glass??  There certainly is a market for this type of scope.

Doug
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the spirit of Christ dwells within you...Romans 8
jetwrnch View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetwrnch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 21:25
I have a Hawke with illuminated reticle.  It's supposed to be the best available but it's not in the same class as rifle scopes. The flare/reflection from sunlight is really strong when the light is behind you. Probably the best option for a crossbow is a dot type scope such as the Burris FastFire II.
jetwrnch View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jetwrnch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 21:28
P.S. The Hawke SR has an etched reticle which is a good thing.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 23:36
Aimpoint Micro H-1 Red Dot Sight Aimpoint Micro H-1 Red Dot Sight
Stock # - 11910
  • Matte
  • 4 MOA Dot
  • 30mm
  • Weaver-Style Mount Included
  • Submersible to 15 feet
$539.95 
Add Aimpoint Micro H-1 Red Dot Sight to Cart
A small aimpoint migh be a good choice if you zero at 20 yds and then know how much to hold off at  30.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
dougedwards View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougedwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/18/2009 at 10:13
 I have a Burris Fast Fire on my Excalibur Exomax now and it is a good sight until the sun goes down.  That dot is 4 MOA and is a little large and bright  for precise placement at longer ranges.  My eye sight is also not what it used to be and I am need of some good glass with small magnification for low light situations.  However I do think that at this present time I am out of luck.  I have searched the internet and have found nothing really, so I thought I would try this optical forum.   I will probably stick with what I have now and keep my eyes open for a break through in optical scopes for crossbows that shoot accurately out to 50+ yards and beyond.

Doug
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the spirit of Christ dwells within you...Romans 8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic