OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

old binos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeissoem2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: old binos
    Posted: June/15/2009 at 16:54
I havent been here on the forum for a while.

Toooooo much work lately.

Here is some photo from my last trip in the mountains in west - Norway.
 I was on the top of the mountain in the first photo-  some hours saturday using a Hensoldt 10x50 ww2 owned by a friend

Here is the view from the mountain in first photo

3rd Photo is a closer shot on the mountain in 2nd photo. My wifes grandmother`s grandmother came from this little farm. No road - you have to climb up the mountain

Edited by zeissoem2 - June/15/2009 at 23:23
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2009 at 17:51
Nice photos, thanks for sharing.
What's the altitude?
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2009 at 12:13
That is great scenery and that farm is awesome.

Thanks,
Doug
zeissoem2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeissoem2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/16/2009 at 15:17

Sorry for that this photo is falling down.
I did have trouble with Photobucket to get it fixed.

Edited by zeissoem2 - June/16/2009 at 15:19
spf2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spf2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 15:16
I think my neck was hurt while looking at the last picture. :)
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 15:30
Beautiful country zeiss.  No roads to the farm!  The old people must have been a tough breed.
God save the Empire!
zeissoem2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeissoem2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 16:07
More shots

2 old mill- stones  --- 90min walking up on the mountain.
Just wonder how much work to get them up there

Edited by zeissoem2 - June/17/2009 at 16:19
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 16:22
 I LUV viewing outdoor pics from all over the world.  THANK YA,z!  Tell ya what though,I wouldn't wanted to have been a sleep walker and livin on that farm!  My wife's on the phone with our friend who lives on her family farm not to far from us. Saved and sending that farm photo to her.  The scenes in your pics look just like areas close by me(West Virgina).

Edited by 300S&W - June/17/2009 at 16:23
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
zeissoem2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeissoem2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/22/2009 at 14:45
Several old binos have been in use today

Edited by zeissoem2 - June/22/2009 at 14:54
Frank Doherty View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Frank Doherty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 14:26
If you have any interest in selling your Zeiss Asembi please let me know    dohertyfe@aol.com
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 14:30
GREAT PICTURES!!!   I want to go to Norway someday and see everything.  

Smile
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/12/2009 at 14:37
( ahem....)   " old binos"...........    Bucky

Here is yet another Internet photo of the same kind of binoculars that I have [ I am trying to shove photos into the side of my laptop but the little drawer-thing looks like a CD player to me!!!....Shocked  ]........

Anyway, I've got a pair of these Czech Army Surplus 6X30 ( made by Meopta in 1960 ) with a reticle in the right barrel ----and mine actually has an infrared-detecting filter that I can rotate into the left ocular!!  The ones I have are in great shape---optics are mint....

heehee      Bucky
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Tranan View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tranan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 19:24
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

( ahem....)   " old binos"...........    Bucky

Here is yet another Internet photo of the same kind of binoculars that I have [ I am trying to shove photos into the side of my laptop but the little drawer-thing looks like a CD player to me!!!....Shocked  ]........

Anyway, I've got a pair of these Czech Army Surplus 6X30 ( made by Meopta in 1960 ) with a reticle in the right barrel ----and mine actually has an infrared-detecting filter that I can rotate into the left ocular!!  The ones I have are in great shape---optics are mint....

heehee      Bucky

Those binos are actually really nice. I am very fond of Eastern European Optics: the Eastern German Carl Zeiss Jena, Polish PZO, Romanian IOR, the russian KOMZ BPO, Kronos and Baighish as well the czechian Meopta and OPTIKOTECHNA PREROV (which I assume are the binos you own). Often quite good and valuable binos for the money.
CHARLIE DON'T SURF!
Tranan View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tranan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2009 at 19:28
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

GREAT PICTURES!!!   I want to go to Norway someday and see everything.  

Smile

Norway is a great country with an awesom nature, but boy...you should check out the Nowegian girls.Gal
CHARLIE DON'T SURF!
zeissoem2 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zeissoem2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 13:53
Originally posted by Tranan Tranan wrote:

Norway is a great country with an awesom nature, but boy...you should check out the Nowegian girls.Gal

Edited by zeissoem2 - October/08/2009 at 20:37
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2009 at 14:05
zeissoem2, very nice pictures...kind of remind me of the ones I have of the area around Geilo (without a fjord, of course), where my grandfather's family lived. Anywhere I've been in Norway has been beautiful.
Reaction time is a factor...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic