OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

zeiss conquests

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: zeiss conquests
    Posted: June/12/2009 at 19:24

Have a question for some one in the know.I`m not up on prices. I can get 2 of last years  conquests a 3x9, and a 3.5x10 nib, with i think plex reticles for about $800..Would you buy or pass on this..Thanks for any input..

bagderRed View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bagderRed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 20:16
I would would say that's a buy, but I don't have $800 be it 1 scope or 4.  That would be a good deal though if they're new or are like new.  I'm pretty sure there are not any changes from this years models from last year other than maybe more reticle choices(Rapid-Z).
stickbow46 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 23:27
 Just paid $720 last week in Pa. for a conquest 3.5-10X50 hope this helps!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 23:28
 Forgot to mention conquest came with a #4 reticle
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
bricat View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bricat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2009 at 01:16
Sounds like a deal to me
beachdog View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beachdog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2009 at 15:19
Thanks guys, I`v never hunted with the conquest line, but all i hear on the ot is good things about there clearity, adjustments, strengh, etc .. I`m thinking of building a custom 260 rem mountain, and one of them should fit the bill nicely, probally the 3x9 i would think..  thanks again
JPinSC View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2009 at 19:49
I picked up 3-9x50 Conquest  nib at a big gun show about a year ago for $425 out-the-door.  I am fond of it and am betting that you will like them if you make the purchase.
jimmyp View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmyp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/17/2009 at 07:03
I have two conquests 2.5 x 8, 3 x9 with rapid z, a diavari 3 x 9, and I am buying a new 2.5 x 8. They track very well, they stay zeroed, the reticle is black, the glass is good, the eyebox is adequate, not quite up to Leupolds eyebox in my opinion but good. The only time I have seen a complaint was a guy that tried to return one to BassPro shops a 4.5 x 14 x 50 mounted on a Browning Safari BAR, don't know the caliber that was his Georgia Deer hunting rifle, I was standing there when he brought the gun into the returns desk with a magazine in it and the clerk took it from his hands and I insisted that they open the bolt to see if it was loaded, then out of curiousity followed them back to the gun section where he complained that the scope they had sold him and mounted for him was awful as the rifle was horribly inaccurate and I was standing there when the 18 year old or so clerk wiggled the scope in the loose rings. So far only complaint I have seen. Whistling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic