OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

A True RED WINGS Hockey Fan

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A True RED WINGS Hockey Fan
    Posted: June/12/2009 at 07:31

It's Friday night, Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right at center ice. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbor if someone will be sitting there.

"No," says the neighbor. "The seat is empty."

"This is incredible", said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the final game of the Stanley Cup play-offs and not use it?"

The neighbor says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Red Wings Stanley Cup Final we haven't been to together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or a relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"
|

|

|

|

|

|

|

|

\/

The man shakes his head. "No. They're all at the funeral."

SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 11:29
Nice.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 11:54
Lets Go Red Wings.... Lets Go Red Wings.... Lets Go Red Wings....  Can't wait ExcellentExcellentExcellent
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 13:51
Oh Yea Baby    Oh Yea Baby    Oh Yea Baby
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 22:05
now thats hardcore!
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
little cleo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2010 at 22:50
Go Wings Go!!!!   I want Sid the Kid in the Finals against the WIngs and the officials swallow their stinking whistle!!!
little cleo View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote little cleo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2010 at 22:53
That is the only thing I hate about hockey is the officiating can change the whole outlook and play of the game and series.
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2010 at 08:40
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

It's Friday night, Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Final, and a man makes his way to his seat right at center ice. He sits down, noticing that the seat next to him is empty. He leans over and asks his neighbor if someone will be sitting there.

"No," says the neighbor. "The seat is empty."

"This is incredible", said the man. "Who in their right mind would have a seat like this for the final game of the Stanley Cup play-offs and not use it?"

The neighbor says, "Well, actually, the seat belongs to me. I was supposed to come with my wife, but she passed away. This is the first Red Wings Stanley Cup Final we haven't been to together since we got married in 1967."

"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. That's terrible. But couldn't you find someone else, a friend or a relative, or even a neighbor to take the seat?"

The man shakes his head. "No. They're all at the funeral."

Wait one minute, there is an important detail missing from this story.  As a Red Wings fan I can't believe you MISSED IT.  How does this story end?

Final game of the 2007-2008 season

or the MORE IMPORTANT

Final game of the 2008-2009 season?

--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2010 at 20:39
Who has more Cups, Ick?
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 09:03

Hey, did you hear that Starbucks has started selling a new coffee called the HOSSA?

The coffee is great... except that it doesn't come with a CUP!

lol.

I was to four of the last 8 stanley cup games in Detroit.  Went to see the pens play (as they are my team.)  The last time I was in Detroit was for game #7 when we won the cup.

I was also at the game where Detroit won the cup in Pittsburgh the year before.  Great hockey club with great fans.  That was a sour one to see the Red Wings win the cup in the igloo..... but it is all good.  Winning the following year made up for it.

I actually have family up in Detroit and we have really enjoyed the kidding back and forth.  After we won the cup last year.... they were at the game with us..... they sent me $200 in red wings gear in the mail so I could "switch my loyalty to the Red Wings".

I recall him saying about "yeah, but how many more cups do the Red Wings have?" which we laughed about.  I then told him "Hey, at least you can polish the Detroit Lions super bowl trophies until next hockey season, oh, wait....."

To which he replied...... "At least we don't have to hide the fact we are Pittsburgh Pirates fans."

Great times.

Edited by Ick - April/15/2010 at 09:04
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2010 at 14:26
Good stuff Ick!

Doug
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 10:35
Hey Ick, I don't want to hijack but does the Pirates still give out "Stargell Stars" to players.
Only four "Out of the Park" home runs have ever been hit at Dodger Stadium.  Willie Stargell hit two of them.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 12:34
I remember Willie Sargell quite well.  I didn't know that about Dodger stadium!

I haven't been to a Pirate game in years... but no I don't think they do.  They built a new park since..... and have erected a pretty good tribute to Stargell near the entrance.

Actually given the topic of the thread.... it is not unlike the "Gordie Howe Entrance" in honor of legendary Red Wing player Gordie Howe.

Edited by Ick - April/16/2010 at 12:38
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 20:10
They should of had him swinging a sledge hammer!   He actually used one to warm up with on deck!   LOL!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2010 at 23:51
I dig these bronze tributes to some of the greats in baseball. There's 4 of 'em at "Pac Bell/SBC/ATT/(?) Park" (Mays, McCovey, Marichal, and Cepeda).  Smile

Willie Stargell

Once upon a time....

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2010 at 07:41
those old pirate's uni's were so ugly! especially the hat.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2010 at 10:55
Wow does that generate some memories.  I was there in 1979 in Baltimore for game 7 of the World Series, I was 11 at the time.  My sharpest memory was pitcher Kent Tekulve and his crazy pitching.
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2010 at 11:17
I remember that skinny guy Kent Tekulve. Cool name and his delivery was entertaining. Those Pirates were some great teams. No drama, just great baseball.
The Detroit Tigers had a submarine hurler in the sixties named Fred Lasher. I remember the first time I saw that crazy delivery and thought "what in the hell is that"!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2010 at 11:27
submarine style screwball and submarine style knuckleballShocked no thanks!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
TheDangler313 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheDangler313 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2010 at 12:09
lets hope the wings can come back from a 0-3 series!! GO WINGS :D
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic