OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trijicon ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trijicon ?
    Posted: June/10/2009 at 09:47
A question for any of you out there that have used or handled the Trijicon Accupoint scopes. I've handled and used several now. They all seem to have extremely easy to turn windage and elevation adjustment knobs with less than positive clicks. Has anyone else noticed this?

So far I can't really say I have had any change in POI problems, but the easy turn of the adjustment knobs doesn't inspire confidence for positively maintaining zero?????

Compared to Leupold, Nightforce and Bushnell Elites the clicks are sure soft. I had always thought that a good stiff and positive adjustment click was the sign of quality? Other than this the Trijicons seem to be very high quality and have features I really like.
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2009 at 09:57
You aren't the first to make that claim.... There have been some here that have said this as well, and also a few reviews around the net. To some it might not be a big deal, to others it is. The one that I handled had the same thing... I can't say it's a defect, as I believe it was designed this way. Personally I would prefer something a bit more substantial, for that added confidence. But they are nice, very nice.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2009 at 00:05
How about one of these in either a green or amber mil dot Thunbs Up   I cant say much about the other models but the ones with tactical knobs have a very nice positive feel to the knobs and the power selector ring which has a ruberised feel.   I really like the scope but I wish it had more than just 50 moa of internal adjustment.  I would like to see them put tactical knobs on their 2.5-10x56.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - June/11/2009 at 00:07

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2009 at 00:11
P.S.  Just a hint here from Corn Country.   RED NECK SAND BAGS --  Take old blue jean legs and make sandbags filled with corn. Thunbs Up   Rice & Beans  would probably work too for some of you down on the borderBandito.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
1911man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1911man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2009 at 08:32
I'm refering to the standard hunting scopes with turret caps.
Bill Wilson
www.wilsoncombat.com
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2009 at 08:37
I've noted this too, but am not super concerned as the scope seems to hold zero quite well and the only adjustments I make via the turrets are on the bench or in a controlled environment - where I can observe the effect.

So far, my little 3-9 has been great, especially for hog hunting - at night, the reticle is fantastic!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2009 at 09:40
Rancid,
Which reticle are you using?
I think I remember reading you had the triangle / post reticle

I have one too now and have yet to get to use it, waiting on my new 6.8 upper
I have tested the scope at night and it's great

have you used it much for stalk hunting and shooting running pigs?

Edited by ccoker - June/11/2009 at 09:46
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic