OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Remington Modular Sniper system

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remington Modular Sniper system
    Posted: June/09/2009 at 11:19
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 12:18
   WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 12:28
"Modular" seems to be the big thing, and semi-auto is increasingly the way it's going.

I somewhat lament this.  I like the bolt guns.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 14:29
whats the price tag on it?
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 14:48
Rancid that was a bolt gun Shockedwrapped in assault rifle clothing.   Sorry but can you imagine the first time that thing gets in the mud what a mess it will be to ever get it clean.  I do like the idea of detachable magazines on a bolt gun, but that one is a bit too star wars for me.  My big paws have a hard time with a Rem short action.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - June/09/2009 at 14:51

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 15:00
Originally posted by hunterwingler hunterwingler wrote:

It's like Malibu Barbi if you have to ask the price you cant afford her.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - June/09/2009 at 15:02

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 15:06
Laugh Above    Sad
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 15:14
Yea, I noticed that was a bolt gun, but I know most new weapons being considered for "precision shooting" are semi auto.
It looks cool, but I don't want one.  Confidence is the name of this game, and i am supremely confident in a good bolt gun.
Having another round on tap - much less 19 more - tends to make me shoot sloppy, maybe no one else has that problem.

Anyone who has seen first-hand how the military (or some other federal agency) works knows that "they" see change as always improvement and newer is always better.

Some have made really great semi auto precision rifles (HK, Springfield, etc) but I will always be a fan of the old, tried-n-true bolt gun.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 15:18
I think there are different applications where one might be preferable.   Think  ZULU  when you think semi auto.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 16:03
That's a definite WOW. But, alas, there are other things first in line for me to pizz away $ on. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2009 at 16:44
I see advantages to a semi-auto over a bolt gun; reduced recoil, not having to get out of position to work the bolt, and quick shots on other targets to name a few.
I am considering an AR 10, but can't make up my mind on which one. Anybody know which AR 10 the military was looking at for a sniper rifle?
I wonder how the Remington stacks up against the Accuracy Internationals?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2009 at 00:08
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

Originally posted by hunterwingler hunterwingler wrote:

It's like Malibu Barbi if you have to ask the price you cant afford her.

i dont know about u but i'm not into playing with Barbi Shocked lol
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2009 at 21:04
I think both bolt guns and semi-autos have their place in a precision shooting world.  

As far as faster follow up shots go, I have seen some impressive shooting speed from straight pull Blaser R93 LRS3 rifle.

ILya
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 14:30
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I think both bolt guns and semi-autos have their place in a precision shooting world.  

As far as faster follow up shots go, I have seen some impressive shooting speed from straight pull Blaser R93 LRS3 rifle.

ILya
Michell Maxberry is a world class shooter and holds some world and national records. He sometimes shoots at the Knob Creek assault rifle and military bolt action rifle match. He used a scoped 1903 Springfield one year and his score was better than anyone elses in either class. The score is based on time, and he beat everyone.
Our big joke is "Don't worry boys, he's only got a bolt action rifle".
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Duce View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Duce Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/12/2009 at 15:16
I will add that to my list of must haves when i will the powerball, along with the Savage SWFA has on ebay.
Duce  Smile
Duce
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic