OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Laser Rangefinders
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold RX1000

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muleycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold RX1000
    Posted: June/04/2009 at 19:20
Has any body seen one in person yet? Looks like this is there answer to the leica and swarovski, has the LED read out looks nice. Any info would be great thanks
chuck danger View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chuck danger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2009 at 18:04
I have not seen this one in person, but I was really interesting in it until I found out that it is a "Green Ring" product, meaning it is covered by a 1-Year Warranty:

Leupold RX® Series digital laser rangefinders and the RXB™-IV laser range finding binoculars are warranted by the Leupold Green Ring Electronics Warranty, and are protected from defects in materials and workmanship for TWO YEARS (RX-III, RX-IV, and RXB-IV models) or ONE YEAR (RX-1000, RX-I and RX-II models) from the date of purchase.

and is not waterproof.  It says "weatherproof", which IMO, is a fancy way of saying "not waterproof".  I could be talking out the wrong end though on this... :-)  I note that their RX-IV series actually says "waterproof".

A little disappointing as I think that aesthetically, this is a nice looking and well designed unit.  I also really like the feature list and the TBR function. 
muleycrazy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muleycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/15/2009 at 21:39
Thanks
sjaycarter22 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sjaycarter22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2009 at 04:59
I have just got one of these. The size of this unit is amazing. Right out of the box I'm getting 853 Yds on a small shed down the road at just about dark. I really like the red readout and the ability to pick between the three different types of reticles. The unit looks and feels really durable and strong. I have the TBR model but have yet to take it and and put to use.  I would recommed this unit to everyone looking for a good, small, 1000 yd range finder.
muleycrazy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muleycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/24/2009 at 10:29
Thanks for the feedback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic