OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupold Cascades

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NightFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupold Cascades
    Posted: June/04/2009 at 01:00
I picked up a pair of Leupold Cascades in 10x by 42mm at a Scheels All Sports Store in Sioux City for $279 yesterday. I really like them. It says made in Japan on the bottom. They are pretty bright and appear to be the same thing as the Cabela's XT.

My Cascades are the natural tan color, which I can use bow hunting, hiking and while boating. I usually wear tan pants and olive green or other subtle natural colors while oudoors as to blend in.

Are these going to be discontinued or replaced by another model? It looks like they are still on the Leupold web site.
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2009 at 09:58

I understand from the folks at Leupold that the Cascades are pretty popular, so doubt they will be disocntinued anytime soon.

Did you get the roof or porro-prism model?

muleycrazy View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote muleycrazy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2009 at 10:13
The cascades are one of the best sellers for leupold I highly doubt they will be discontinued but they may be looking at a re-vamp.
NightFighter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NightFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2009 at 13:46
These are the roof prism models in natural tan. Do you think they will be replaced by the Mojave?  Anyway, I'm pretty happy with the current model. They are right where quality meets a good price point.
NightFighter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NightFighter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2009 at 13:48
Leupold web site looks like they dropped the natural color.
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/04/2009 at 20:24

Thanks for the info. I have the porro 10x42 and it is very good, and a spectacular buy.

I have found it almost impossible to predict what strange marketing program any company will try next. These days many just get a product going, then rename ("rebrand") so that everybody is confused!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic