OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for RWS 350 Mag

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 08Cayenne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scope for RWS 350 Mag
    Posted: May/31/2009 at 20:44
I have a Diana and need to buy a good scope, I've gone thru 3 of the RWS 4X scopes, not going to try another one.  I am leaning towards the Leupold 3X9X33 efr for about $400.  Are there any better options not exceeding this price range.  It seems to be pretty popular on this forum.  I do most of my shooting at about 50 yards.

Thanks
Frank
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/31/2009 at 23:21
Sounds like you are on the right track I'd go wiht the Leupold.Thunbs Up

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2009 at 05:41
I have a 350 Magnum and I think your choice is an excellent one. I have an older 3.5-10 EFR and it is very good. You don't have to worry about the Leupold on a heavy springer.
08Cayenne View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 08Cayenne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2009 at 11:22

Thank You!!

For those of you who are familiar with  the RWS mount and rings, should I replace them or are they good enough to use with the Leupold?

Thanks Again
Frank
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/01/2009 at 11:32
I would get the Beeman 5039 made by Sportsmatch. Whatever you do do not use the rear base screw as a scope stop. I found out the hard way and mine bent. There are plenty of air gun blogs mentioning this. Of coarse, too late for me.
08Cayenne View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 08Cayenne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2009 at 18:53
Finally got aroung to taking some pics of the rig.

RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/09/2009 at 06:12
 Nice looking airgun. How well does it shoot?
 I had a Beeman R1 years ago, but was never happy with the accuracy.
08Cayenne View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 08Cayenne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/10/2009 at 04:10
Thanks

It's getting better, I made the mistake of cleaning the barrel in the spring and its taken about 500 pellets to get it back to close to where it was before the cleaning.  I'll never do that again.
At 100 feet benched it put all pellets in a 2" diameter circle, at 50 ft it basically made one big hole.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic