OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nightforce bench rest//Optic quality

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nightforce bench rest//Optic quality
    Posted: May/23/2009 at 12:13
I have read a lot of posts about nightforce nxs, br. , sightron sIII , bushnell elite 6500, IOR valdada in big range magnification

I m very interested in optic quality, because I considered all of them with good releability and mechanical quality, good enaugh

I m surprised for the comparation between nightforce series and others .I believe this is in a highest level.
I m going to refund my bushnell 6500 4,5-30X 50 mildot and buy a nightforce br 8-32X or a 12-42X ,with mildot
At firs I ve decided for sightron 8-32x but it isnt availble with mildot. I need mildot reticel.

need advice (becasue it will be my last change ,good or bad)

thanks
yeah
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2009 at 16:27
 I would select the Nightforce in the 5.5-22 model or at most the
 8-32x56mm rather than the higher 12-42x56 .  How bright a scope appears depends on exit eye pupil size.  So  56mm divided by 8 power is  7mm which is what you want. The 56mm divided by 12 poweer is 4.66 which is not as bright in low light.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2009 at 18:29
the br series have the ao on the front which gives them a better image quality than the nxs, the power selector doesn't turn the entire rear end and the turrets are covered. this 8x32x56 will resolve paint cans at 1200 yds, and the larger letters on pop cans at 300. Any of the reticles offered by NF is better than mil-dot but theirs has circles instead of dots which make it somewhat better.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2009 at 21:06
Why do you need a mil dot reticle?  In BR series, I'd go for the thinnest possible plex.

Nightforce is good stuff.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
flashpoint View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/24/2009 at 09:08
I ll see reticles ngf. I go for 8-32X

thanks

yeah
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic