OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

RR-CQLR-1X4IR

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RR-CQLR-1X4IR
    Posted: May/20/2009 at 21:14
HI,

I saw this scope on another forum,but I have never seen or heard about this scope before,it cost around 1,200. I think Pride flower make it? can anyone here give me the skinny on this scope good,bad or ugly?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 00:16
Dont know - where did you see it not sure what it is but the "CQLR" would likely mean close quarters long range the terms are opposites like saying short tall  fat skinny one size fits all it's BS optics vary greatly and are use specific. What do you need. What gun what distance what type of target.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
nightowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 13:10

HI,I tried to copy and post information on the scope,but I am awful with tect stuff anyway here is some information,I was just unaware of this scope and just wanted some information on it,Kev

HOME > OPTICS > OPTICS > RR-CQLR-1X4IR

RR-CQLR-1X4IR
Rapid Reticle CQLR 1-4x

The New Rapid Reticle 1-4x24 Illuminated rifle scope is truly an innovative and functional "force multiplier" scope system. The scope is calibrated to be used with .223 Remington (5.56 NATO) and .308 Winchester (7.62 NATO). Once zeroed with the scope, shooting from zero to 600 yards becomes possible without having to use Kentucky windage or add clicks for elevation. The patented/trademarked reticle also allows for windage correction, up to 10 miles per hour. The reticle assists in determining the range by using the patented built in ranging circle and boxes. The illumination can be seen in low light conditions and on 1x magnification the sight becomes a reflex sight for CQB and close shots. During daylight the reticle can be easily seen from 1x to 4x for close to intermediate shots.

This scope was designed by PFI and manufactured at one of the best scope builders in the world; Light Optical of Japan. This scope has very little to no distortion within one power and while being used with both eyes open when shooting. The quality and performance of this scope system has been rated very high by military and police shooters who have field tested the PFI system, both on the range and in the ultimate testing bed; combat.

Built of aircraft aluminum
Tube diameter: 30MM
Power: 1-4x24
Eye Piece: Fast Focus
Reticle: Etched and in first focal plane - allows for accurate use of aiming throughout power range without change of zero at any magnification setting
Power: 2032 3V button battery
Illumination: Illuminated ballistic reticle
Eye Relief: 2.5”-4”
Positive ¼ M.O.A. windage and elevation clicks on the low profile target type knobs with reset to zero feature
Weight: 14oz

nightowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 13:41

If you go to holsters.com and go to PFI scopes it will show everything,once again I just never heard about this scope and wanted to see if anyone here has one or knows about it and can say if is good or not,Kev
nightowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 13:55
www.rapidreticle.com.

Also go here is goes through there whole line up any thoughts on this scope,Kev
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/21/2009 at 23:59

You know  Kev the price range is really close to what it cost to get an IOR or a Nightforce both of which are going to be MUCH better.  To me the reticle seems to be excessively busy and I do not like that about it.   I picked up one of these Bushnell Trophy 1-4 illuminated to put on a mini 14 for coyotes - didnt want a real expensive scope on the rig but it has turned out to be quite a nice scope for almost nothing compared to the price of the ones you are looking at.

731424M Bushnell 1-4x24 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                                 Bushnell 1-4x24 Trophy 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • 4A w/ Illuminated Dot
  • 30mm
SWFA: $144.95
More Info... Buy Now

I think if I was going to buy a 1-4 for tactical applications I would definately buy the Trijicon because of the bindon aiming concept with the tritium and fiber optic illuminated triangle on post.  Not all illuminated optics will force the eye to track like these do and I had a new Accupoint in a couple of weeks ago and the glass on the new models is awesome.  There is a lot to be said for a scope that does not run on batteries as the batteries croak at the worst possible time and with these they are always on no need to remember to turn it on.  If you really want hold over marks for trajectory some of the ACOGs have them but are fixed power which actually makes for a sturdier scope than a variable.   With so many better options  Trijicon, Nightforce, USOptics, IOR all making a similar scope there is absolutely no way I would go to a Pride Fowler.
TR24 Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                             Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Amber Triangle
  • 30mm
SWFA: $764.95
More Info... Buy Now

TR24R Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                             Trijicon 1-4x24 Accu-Point 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Red Triangle
  • 30mm
SWFA: $764.95
More Info... Buy Now

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2009 at 00:14
114262 IOR 1.1-4x26 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                                  IOR 1.1-4x26 Tactical 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated CQB
  • 30mm
SWFA: $944.95
More Info... Buy Now

158266 IOR 1.5-8x26 Tactical 35mm Rifle Scope                                                                                  IOR 1.5-8x26 Tactical 35mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated CQB
  • 35mm
  • Free IOR 35mm Low Rings w/ Purchase
SWFA: $1,359.95
More Info... Buy Now
201902 Burris 1-4x24 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                      Burris 1-4x24 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated Ballistic 5.56
  • 30mm
SWFA: $659.95
More Info... Buy Now

201903 Burris 1-4x24 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                      Burris 1-4x24 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated Ballistic 5.56
  • 30mm
  • FastFire Red Dot Sight
SWFA: $859.95
More Info... Buy Now

201908 New Burris 1.5-6x40 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm Rifle Scope                                                                New Burris 1.5-6x40 Xtreme Tactical XTR 30mm Rifle Scope
  • Matte
  • Illuminated Ballistic 7.62
  • 30mm

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
nightowl View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nightowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2009 at 11:45
UNIMAGINARYFRND,

Thanks for the help,but I was not thinking about getting this scope,I saw it and had on clue about it and thought someone here would know more about it. I agree with everything thing you said and would get a nightforce any day of the week before this scope,Yhanks,Kev
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2009 at 12:21
God save the Empire!
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2009 at 20:40
ET Phone Home.  Like I said that reticle is way too busy and I dont see anything to justify the cost.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2009 at 11:53
The reticle is busy but might be useful in certain settings.  The thickness takes away any long-range applications.

How much is the scope?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2009 at 16:47
over $1200.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2009 at 21:07
It ain't worth that to me.

There are too many good optics for allot less - or great optics for just a little more.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
230therapy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 230therapy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 22:19
I have the PFI RR800-1.  The reticle is very, very fast and easy to use.  The 1-4 Illuminated uses the same concepts.

It does look busy, but it's all useful.  I can see the wide lines as very useful for quartering the target at close range.  It also incorporates the wind holdovers...another great feature that allowed very rapid hits in Wyoming while the guys with mil-dots were fooling around with their scopes.

I'm seriously contemplating getting one because I've trained with the RR800-1 and it does everything I need.

My only concern is durability.

Sapper524 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sapper524 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2010 at 22:49
Im thinkin wait for the SWFA 1x4 to get released .... Im ready to drink that coolaid ... Rancid is making us wait .... Shocked
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2010 at 13:13
Rapid Reticle (aka Pride Fowlier Inc)  scopes, to the best of my knowledge, are manufactured in Japan and are decent products (I think they were purchased by SafariLand not too long ago).

Unbeknown to me, apparently, SWFA is now carrying Rapid Reticle scopes:

But it seems like a recent thing since the pictures are not up yet.

Rapid Reticle concept has always been to use calibrated reticles for holdover with known cartridges.  All of their scopes have reticles in the first focal plane, and work well for particular loads.  I have looked at them a little when the scopes just came out and thought it was an interesting and reasonably well instituted concept, but it has been a while.

As far as the CQLR scopes go, I am kinda intrigued by the 1-6x scope.  I saw some early prototypes of this design last year and they looked pretty good.

ILya
ccd8541 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccd8541 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2010 at 21:08
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

.. (I think they were purchased by SafariLand not too long ago).

PFI is an independent company, Safariland did not purchase us.

Chad
PFI
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2010 at 22:00
Originally posted by ccd8541 ccd8541 wrote:

Chad
PFI

My apologies, Chad, and welcome to the forum!

Does PFI have an affiliation of some sort with Safariland?

Thanks
ILya
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2010 at 07:08
Originally posted by ccd8541 ccd8541 wrote:

Chad
PFI

Welcom Chad! nice to see the vendors keeping up with the consumers.  I hope you stick around, I am sure we will all be hitting you up with all kinds of questions.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic