OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

eXplore Optics?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: eXplore Optics?
    Posted: May/16/2009 at 09:22

Has anyone on the board experience with the eXplore Optics line of scopes, etc? I met a gentleman at the range yesterday using one of the 30mm-tube rifle scopes and took a look through it. It seemed to work ok and it was very clear image-wise on a partly-cloudy Texas afternoon, but I never heard of them before. The scope looked HUGE on a Tikka T3 Hunter 270 Win with sunshade mounted and all! I guess I am curious because the fellow marketing the line is in Flower Mound, a suburb around these parts in North Texas. I was told he was also the designer of the scopes and was a former Fuji employee?

Texas

"There are some things which cannot be learned quickly and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are the very simplest things..." Ernest Hemingway
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 09:30
God save the Empire!
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 11:15
Get Your Popcorn Ready
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 11:21
"eXplore Optics™, Big Bore® riflescopes are state-of-the art products and the most technological advanced precision sports optics available in the world today. Big Bore® riflescopes are produced using the highest quality components and assembled under a strict clean room environment assuring you years of reliable service and use. Big Bore® riflescopes are assembled and fine tuned One by One. Big Bore® riflescopes are Recoil-Resistant, Parallax Stable, Reticle Accuracy, Waterproof, Fog-Proof, Nitrogen Filled, One-Piece Tube Construction, Glass Etched Wired Mil-Dot Reticle, Target Turrets, 1 click = 1/8" @ 100 yards, Maximum Light Transmitting Objective Lens, and Quick-Adjust Eye Piece."

A $300 scope that claims to be the most technologically advanced in the world- but lists no advanced technology:  I'll pass till many, many knowledgeable shooters have great experiences with these.

I have not seen one or heard of them before, but their web site makes me highly skeptical.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 14:31
I have never seen these scopes, so take this with a grain of salt, but visually these look just like the rest of the chicom crap out there from brands like Eagle Eye Optics and others.

As RC has pointed out the gibberish text on the website also suggests that you should let someone else be the guines pig: "Glass Wired" reticle. Is it glass or is it wire?

"Parallax stable"  what the heck is that supposed to mean? they changed the laws of physics?

"Lase Embedded Broadband Coatings" what exactly are they embedding with a laser there (digging their own grave perhaps)?  That is pure hogwash.

Now, for all I know these are very nice products, but so far I have my doubts and would not give this brand the time of day unless there is a LOT more positive exposure.

ILya

rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 17:31
explore optics ..........this is red flag if ever I saw one, they are giving you a heads up?....you should EXPLORE other optics!              Loco
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 17:58
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

I have never seen these scopes, so take this with a grain of salt, but visually these look just like the rest of the chicom crap out there from brands like Eagle Eye Optics and others.

As RC has pointed out the gibberish text on the website also suggests that you should let someone else be the guines pig: "Glass Wired" reticle. Is it glass or is it wire?

"Parallax stable"  what the heck is that supposed to mean? they changed the laws of physics?

"Lase Embedded Broadband Coatings" what exactly are they embedding with a laser there (digging their own grave perhaps)?  That is pure hogwash.

Now, for all I know these are very nice products, but so far I have my doubts and would not give this brand the time of day unless there is a LOT more positive exposure.

ILya

Now ILya, it is clear that "glass wired" means they cut a channel in the glass with a high powered laser and before the glass dries, stick a wire in it.  Parallax stable means they have discovered a warp shifting technology which allows you to move anywhere you want to and the reticle follows you, and EVERYONE knows that a laser can now be used, by phase shifting, to apply optical coating... Heck, you can even apply paint at certain frequencies.  
Oh, yee of little faith...

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 18:11
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

Now ILya, it is clear that "glass wired" means they cut a channel in the glass with a high powered laser and before the glass dries, stick a wire in it.  Parallax stable means they have discovered a warp shifting technology which allows you to move anywhere you want to and the reticle follows you, and EVERYONE knows that a laser can now be used, by phase shifting, to apply optical coating... Heck, you can even apply paint at certain frequencies.  
Oh, yee of little faith...

Thanks, KB.

Now, I saw the light.  I guess it is back to school for me, so that I can truly understand...

ILya
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/16/2009 at 18:13
Yea, but it will have to be a VERY SPECIAL school...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Texas View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/17/2009 at 20:59
Thanks guys. That pretty much was my take, too. I think I'll stick with my Kahles and Swaros... I wanted to throw it out there to see what others knew. Hope y'all had a great weekend!

Texas
"There are some things which cannot be learned quickly and time, which is all we have, must be paid heavily for their acquiring. They are the very simplest things..." Ernest Hemingway
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/19/2009 at 20:01
In point of fact, we know NOTHING of the actual optic; however, their website gives us several moments of pause.

It might be the greatest deal in modern optics, it might be the best scope ever made, but I'll save my money till the "might" is replaced with "is" - and I am OK not being the first to figure it out.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
taxidermy texas View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taxidermy texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 11:51
Hello folks my name is Darrell Hall.  I run Taxidermy texas in Pearland, TX.  I also have an online Pro-Shop we are building and I sell eXplore Optics.  I'm the biggest skeptic of them all but these optics made a beleiver out of me and many customers and friends.  If you would like to try one give me a shout I can give you a promo code to use at checkout and offer a 3 day money back gaurentee if you do not like them.  I think they are comparible to the big 3.  Yes I said it.  Give em a try you will be plesently suprised and your pocket book will thank you.  I'm new on here and no one knows me from Adam.  I have plenty of references on taxidermy.net forums.  Good day to everyone and I'm glad I found this forum.  I enjoy conversation with good people and sharing knowledge.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 12:03
Hi Darrell. Welcome to Optics Talk.
Let me make something clear here. There are a few that come here and are representatives of other name brands that Chris doesn't sell. Huntmaster comes to mind. You have to be very careful how you post in that regard. Please be respectful of whose forum this is. SWFA pays the bills here. It wouldn't be fair for you or anyone for that matter to use SWFA's forum to make money. Fair enough?
Enjoy your stay here. And please be careful to not step over that line. You are competition mind you.
These are the rules for the Forum.

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not publicly share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
taxidermy texas View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taxidermy texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 12:27
Thanks Cyborg and forgive me if I over stepped my bounds.  It is not my intention to make money here.  I am a member of many and I respect all of them and the moderators whom patrol them. 
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 12:33
Not to worry... I just wanted to point that out. It is a tough situation to be in. Hopefully, you will have no problems making the adjustment. If there is anything (As a member) that you need help with let myself or another moderator know.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Clark View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2009 at 16:20
Here is a picture of a target someone shot with an Explore Optics scope:
 http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=1456577

Nice groups

Edited by Clark - November/24/2009 at 16:22
Bigdave View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2009 at 21:19

I live about 10 minutes from this taxadermy guy, I think I will go look at these scopes this week if he is open.

cornerstone View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cornerstone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 15:44
Hello everyone. Stumbled onto this site. We recently purchased a 3x9 Explore for my sons new.270 Savage. Purchased at the Nov. 09 Tulsa Gun Show upon advice from two friends in the area that gave them high marks. I'm certainly no expert, all I can ad to the discussion is the 11 year old shot his first deer on his first hunt and has no complaints on its performance.Excellent For the money I'm quite satified with the quality of the scope and the customer service has been excellent.
U.S.A
z71rat View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z71rat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/10/2010 at 13:47
Hey Clark, I recognize that target...

I did shoot that target with the Explore scope. I was very torn between getting another 16x Super Sniper or the Explore for the variable power. For the money, I really like the scope. I "had" a buddy that became a dealer for them based on my experience with them, and he was using that experience to help him sell them. I was given a discounted price quote on a new one, and then he decided to back out on the deal. So this left me rather bitter to say the least, considering how many scope sales he got from me. For this reason, I will be dealing with Chris & SWFA again soon, and will be going with either another SS or possibly a Hawke Tactical.

I had been waiting for many years for a variable power SS, but just couldn't throw down the cash when it finally came out. I have owned multiple optics from Bushnell to Nightforce, and I will remain open to checking out new stuff as it come along. But Chris and SWFA have had, and will remain with top marks for their customer service and backing up what they sell. Not to mention the fact that he stands by his word!!

DK
Savage Arms - Arken Optics - MDT - Seekins - SilencerCo - Molon Labe!!!
doeroller View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote doeroller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/11/2010 at 16:26
I just returned from a hunt in central Texas where I was lucky enough to guide a father and his two daughters on the girls first deer hunt.  The father had a 4 x 16 Explore scope mounted on his new ICON, 30 TC.  After he had harvested a nice management buck we notice a small group of Axis crossing a hill in the distance.  Now, I have been trying to harvest an Axis for the past several weeks but have not been able to either because I was not armed at the time or I was with a client.  The father noticed my disappointment at another chance at Axis being lost and offered me the use of his rifle.  I made the windage and elevation corrections using the "mill dot" system on the scope and cranked it to 16X , then turned the parallax to 500.  The buck continued to walk and I picked a location to ambush him by letting him walk "into" the bullet.  At the shot, the buck crumpled.  The shot was 605 yards.  I was impressed with the quality of the optics and plan to purchase one for my 7mm Remington Mag. in the near future.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic