OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Soligor 7x50, have questions?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capp35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Soligor 7x50, have questions?
    Posted: May/12/2009 at 16:22
I have had this pair since I was a kid and can't remember where I got them. They have been in storage for years. The only web sites that I can find any reference to this brand are European.

Any idea where/when they were made? They are fully armored and are porro prism. The only words imprinted on them are... "Soligor, High Transmission" on one side and "7x50, Field 71*, Fully Coated" on the other. No serial number or any other markings.

I had pulled these out to give my son for his first pair of binoculars, but they really need some new eye cups and I am not sure where to go.

Thanks
Patrick_V View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick_V Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 16:42
Soligor is German for what I know.
But I'm ot completly sure about that.
Optics-nut
Bird Watcher View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 16:49
Does your binocular have a small gold stikcer on the focusing shaft or any where else?

Hold your binocular with the objective lenses towards you and look at the face of the hinge connectors, and the end of the focus shaft.  There are usually Japanese J #'s on the face of the hinge connectors, and/or the name JAPAN, plus a  serial number on the face of the focus shaft end cap.

Edited by Bird Watcher - May/12/2009 at 16:52
Capp35 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capp35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 17:51
No marks what so ever.
The end shaft is also threaded for an adapter for tripod mounting. On the other end of the shaft is a degree wheel that is numbered for the spread of the lens.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 18:01
It must be COUNTERFEIT, so you might as well just send it to me. Big Grin
Capp35 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capp35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 18:36
LOL
They are in excellent condition and must be from the 70s.
Would like to put some new eye cups on though if I can find some aftermarket ones.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bird Watcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 18:42

Be sure and click on TECHNICAL IMAGES

Edited by Bird Watcher - May/12/2009 at 18:44
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 06:01
Soligor is a Japanese company that makes aftermarket lenses for cameras, kind of like Tamron, Vivitar, and so on........I don't know what factory produced them but it is a Japanese name..

Edited by Ed Connelly - May/14/2009 at 06:02
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/14/2009 at 15:10
Like any other big company they probably have stuff made all over, but this looks pretty Germanic to me.

Edited by Klamath - May/14/2009 at 15:10
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic