OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Texas HB 1863

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Texas HB 1863
    Posted: May/11/2009 at 13:02

Texas HB 1863 states that the federal government cannot regulate firearms, firearm accessories or ammunition manufactured in Texas that are purchased in Texas & remain in Texas.  More than just directly addressing the Second Amendment firearms issue, this bill reasserts States’ Rights & our state sovereignty as guaranteed by the Texas Constitution as well as the U.S. Constitution (Ninth & Tenth Amendments). 

Currently, the bill is waiting to be put on the calendar for a House vote.  PLEASE CONTACT YOUR STATE LEGISLATOR IMMEDIATELY to let him or her know exactly how you feel about this issue – you may find your representative by clicking this link:  http://www.fyi.legis.state.tx.us/  

To read the bill in its entirety or to track this extremely important & monumental bill, click here:  http://www.legis.state.tx.us/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=81R&Bill=HB1863  

Forward this information to all the responsible & proud Texans you know – it’s time for the silent majority to BE HEARD, so SPEAK UP!

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 13:05
Hopefully there will be a large number of states to get in on doing this exact same thing. Maybe Washington, and the idiots that are electing them will get the hint.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 13:43
ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent
Chris,
Have you heard any word on the status of SB730 that would prohibit employers from forbidding employees from having firearms locked in their cars in company parking lots?  Oklahoma passed a similar law a few months ago.  Last I heard, the bill passed the Texas Senate unanimously and was being considered by the House "Safety Committee."  This was a few weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything since.

Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 14:01
I've only heard what you have mentioned.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/28/2009 at 18:16
I've emailed everyone I can about this.

I support this bill!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2009 at 08:13
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

ExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellentExcellent
Chris,
Have you heard any word on the status of SB730 that would prohibit employers from forbidding employees from having firearms locked in their cars in company parking lots?  Oklahoma passed a similar law a few months ago.  Last I heard, the bill passed the Texas Senate unanimously and was being considered by the House "Safety Committee."  This was a few weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything since.

Ga, just passed this also and now we are able to carry in state parks.

P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic