OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski Z5 and Z3

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 14:18
I live in NE Oregon, this is the more remote part of the state....We have lots of Deer, tons! But we also have sh*t load of Hunters who come in from the City.. And of course now paid hunting here is a BIG DEAL, I refuse to pay these ranchers to hunt on there land but many many people do..Its really turned into a money game her and I think its very sad whay has happened.. Nothing I can do about it though..
ANYWAY! Im still going to get one of these new scopes..Ha! Ha!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 16:18
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

And of course now paid hunting here is a BIG DEAL, I refuse to pay these ranchers to hunt on there land but many many people do..Its really turned into a money game her and I think its very sad whay has happened.. Nothing I can do about it though..

That's the way it's been in most of the south for a few decades now.  If you don't hunt on public land, own some good hunting land, or have friends or family members who own good hunting land they will let you hunt for free... you pretty much don't have a choice if you want to continue hunting.   You gotta pay to play.  There's nothing free anymore.  Leasing land or paying an access fee has become common in many states nowadays, specifically states that don't have a high % of public hunting land like national forests, BLM, WMA's, etc.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 17:59
Well,We have some really good Forest Service Ground to hunt, but you have to put up with lots of hunters and it makes me feel a little uncomfortable at times.. There are a few Farmers/Ranchers who let you hunt for free here. Most of them will let there very close friends and family members hunt the first week or so or until they fill there tag.. Then the next week or so open it up to others, such as myself to hunt.. Out of town here this usually works well.. This year though since I am disabled now, A friend is going to take my son and I deer huntin on some private land. Its CRP ground, its ground that the Government pays large farms when they cannot grow wheat for awhile. They plant the CRP am mixture of grasses to hold the soil to keep it from eroding and it gives the soil time to rest. Lots of good Deer feed, they LOVE it. Some of it is tall and terraced so they can hide well in it..But its wide open.... Thats why I love the idea of this newer Swaro Scope, it would be perfect for this type of hunting...

JF
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 21:16
Don't sell the BAR..... you'll regret it later on!   Besides, the 7mm is a great long ranger!!
take em!
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 21:25
Ok, I will keep it for now, its been a great rifle..I have no problem sending it in and having them re-blue it properly I just have not been able to find anyone who will also anodize the trigger guard and bottom of mag holder..It would look like sh*t re-blued and not have the other parts returned to there proper color....Where do I send it?

JF
JackTheRipper View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JackTheRipper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 09:08
is the 1 inch tube really worth it? would you notice any difference between say a Z5 and a Z6?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/22/2009 at 09:37
"Patented SWAROVSKI OPTIK 4-point coil spring system for absolute certainty of
hitting your target - shot after shot"

How did I miss that in the specs the first time through?  If Swaro now has something that makes each shot a "certainty of hitting [my] target", why the hell don't I have this on all my guns?
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic