OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Hunting, Fishing & General Outdoors > General Hunting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

here piggie piggie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: here piggie piggie
    Posted: May/09/2009 at 16:53
got one!
not a big one, but the biggest of the bunch
got the place late Friday afternoon and headed out to the blind about 7:30 and we saw a group of hogs feeding in tall grass about 75 yards out, wind in our face

tried to sneak in a little close, got about 10 yards and was lining up on one and cocked the hammer, there were some tiny ones even closer to us we didn't see and heard a snort and then they started running

pulled the trigger, aiming for the neck and hit it, came out through the brush about 50 yards and I let her have another one through the shoulder

first blood with my new 44 and some 255g Keith style hardcasts over 23g of IMR 4227
clean punch through on both shots, first shot hit the throat and second was through both front shoulders and it ran about 10 ft

it's on ice and will get smoked soon

hunted more but saw none
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 16:58
Looks like fun, nice eatin size pig.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 17:03
Well done is how I like mine please,     good deal thanks for sharing and good shooting!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 18:55

Thunbs Up!!  THANKS for sharing! 
ckk1106 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ckk1106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 19:02
Are you still liking the aimpoint on that 44?  I'm looking for something to put on mine.
mwyates View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mwyates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 19:23
Put that pig on the smoker whole and call me when it's done.  I'll bring the BBQ sauce.
No man on his deathbed ever said "I wish I'd made more money".
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 19:24
Originally posted by mwyates mwyates wrote:

Put that pig on the smoker whole and call me when it's done.  I'll bring the BBQ sauce.

+1!!!  Licker
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 20:36
Good picture and excellent trigger finger discipline, Coke. Wink
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 22:03
Originally posted by ckk1106 ckk1106 wrote:

Are you still liking the aimpoint on that 44?  I'm looking for something to put on mine.

yes, absolutely
I was a bit concerned about being able to get on something quickly but that proved not to be a problem :)

not really much to say about terminal ballistics.. both shots were clean pass throughs, breaking the far side leg
honestly didn't do much research, strung it up got it on ice fast and on to the ribs on the pit and beer :)

I did have my 6.8 SPC AR with me and it took a few seconds to decide which to use... the AR I could have probably gotten a few more and had permission to kill as many as I wanted.. but the new gun needed proper testing :)

I will say "I LOVE IT" when asked about the pistol though!

Edited by ccoker - May/09/2009 at 22:04
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 08:52
How do you like the 6.8 ? Looks like all camo judging by the muzzle .....Remington?
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 11:07
I love my 6.8!
I load Barnes 110g TTSX and get 2800 FPS
deer and hogs fear it... I use it more than my Sako 270 or Tikka 308

it's got a custom upper from Ar15performance, a stainless fluted 18" barrel, carbon tube
lower is a stag I put together, gieselle trigger, RRA group, ace skeleton stock
optics tend to be changed, here's two configs
camo courtesy of Krylon :)

Edited by ccoker - May/10/2009 at 11:08
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 11:13
Sweet rifle, I really like your new pistol/aimpoint combo too!!

Who did the camo on your AR??

Edited by mike650 - May/10/2009 at 11:14
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 17:57
Nice stick, Coke. The camo is impressive.  
I really liked my Ace stock on my BM.   
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 18:40
thanks
I did the camo on the AR
Krylon and a plastic leaf
I did my Tikka T3 as well

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 18:43
Originally posted by ccoker ccoker wrote:

thanks
I did the camo on the AR
Krylon and a plastic leaf
I did my Tikka T3 as well

Looking at the pics, the camo pattern looks like it turned out excellent. Thunbs Up
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 21:36
thanks!
it was fun to do
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 05:59
Nice shooting!
Your AR rig looks impressive too!
ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 23:07
thanks man
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic