OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

STAR TREK

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: STAR TREK
    Posted: May/08/2009 at 16:31
Just absorbed the new movie.  I am an old "trekkie" from way back.  Have been to two ST conventions, shook hands with Shatner, Nimoy, several others.  I LOVE the old Star Trek. BUT... they treated it with respect, while just plan ole, every day making the very BEST Star Trek movie EVER.  I had my doubts, the REAL New Generation is here.  I LOVED IT.  
As Kirk said in STII... The Wrath of Khan "I feel young".  

What a movie.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 16:58
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 18:46
Wrath of Khan was my favorite until this movie.  If you ever liked ST and if you don't see another movie this year, see this one.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 19:02
Sweet, can't wait!! Thunbs Up

"Wrath of Kahn" was my fav too.

Edited by mike650 - May/08/2009 at 22:37
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 22:32
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 22:41

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 22:41
I am STILL pumped... the only movie that ever got me wired up anywhere near this was the original Rocky.  I can't begin to tell you how perfect the whole thing was... the storyline, the plot twists, the ACTION (if you have any heart problems, take some aspirin and tranquilizers with you) and the CAST... it was just like I envisioned, just like I wanted it to be.  I'm going again tomorrow.  

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 22:43
"I gotta git me one a those..." Will Smith Independence Day.  

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 22:45

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2009 at 22:46

Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 06:38

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 08:02
Excellent
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 06:14
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Just absorbed the new movie.  I am an old "trekkie" from way back.  Have been to two ST conventions, shook hands with Shatner, Nimoy, several others.  I LOVE the old Star Trek. BUT... they treated it with respect, while just plan ole, every day making the very BEST Star Trek movie EVER.  I had my doubts, the REAL New Generation is here.  I LOVED IT.  
As Kirk said in STII... The Wrath of Khan "I feel young".  

What a movie.  

You have my 'DITTO'... We caught it opening night.  This goes down as the best of them all.  That twist with young Spock (I won't spoil it) did surprise me.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2009 at 08:30
Get Your Popcorn Ready
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 08:18
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 09:00
My wife, daughter, and I saw it last night, and I have to agree, Dan!Excellent

I'm not much of a Trekkie, but that was a very entertaining movie, with a good story, good cast, and great effects!  I would go see it again!Thunbs Up
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2009 at 10:07
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
SD Dog View Drop Down
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 23:40
Does it follow the original ST motto of blast first, blast second, blast again just to make sure and then look for the hot blond survivor?  I liked the original ST but after that, they seemed to get to PC.  
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2009 at 18:26
Our neighbor dropped off the new "Star Trek" movie for us to see last night....you guys are right!!!

Yeah, I know it's not available to purchase yet.   Wink

Edited by mike650 - May/25/2009 at 18:34
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/25/2009 at 21:16

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic