OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Sightron S3 8-32x56 vs Bushnell 6500 4-30X 50

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sightron S3 8-32x56 vs Bushnell 6500 4-30X 50
    Posted: May/07/2009 at 03:11
Which have more optical qualities

I know biggest 56 diameter can be more clear,but I ve read favorable Bushnell opinions
Any experience with that?
yeah
seahawk View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote seahawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 10:05
The magnification range on the Bushnell is going to work better for most things because even at 30x it will be very difficult to hold steady enough to see well. 50mm will gather enough light unless you are shooting at dawn or dusk, and the glass on the 6500 is very nice. I don't know much about the Sightron, but I have heard they are nice too.
flashpoint View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flashpoint Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2009 at 11:08
I was in doubt between these and burris 8-32X 50 ,too
Three in similar prices
I maybe get bushnell because it s small and light and has mildot and tactical turrets.I need side paralax ,too. I think sightron has better glasses ,but not those others things. I ignore if burris has side paralax .
the perfect scope is Nightforce NXS,but the price...if there is someone used maybe
yeah
BigK View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BigK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2009 at 11:24
Sorry I can't compare one to the other but I do have the Bushnell 4-30 x 50 with the tactical turrets on a 308 that I shoot out to 300 yards regularly and I really like it.  The elevation and windage clicks are crisp and audible, I've shot several box tests and the scope returned to its original zero all three times, and with that range of power I could dial down on the power and use the rifle for hunting.  I shoot from mid day to dusk on a regular basis and I personally think the glass is better than several of the Leupolds I own (I'm sure that will unforunately stir some s*it  Shocked ).  I also have several other Bushy's including the same model but with the older style turrets and it was based on their clarity and repeatability that I  purchased this model.  If I had one minor complaint it would be with the thickness of the reticle, I wish it was a tad thinner but all in all it's a minor pet peeve of mine. I wanted a reliable mid-priced scope that could get me started in F/TR type shooting and I definately think I made the right decision. I would highly reccommend this scope to anyone, again that's just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions. Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic