OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Composite Stocks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B&C Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Composite Stocks
    Posted: May/15/2005 at 16:57
Anybody owned both a McMillan stock and a Bell and Carlson?  Is the McMillan worth the extra money?  How do they compare in stiffness, finish durability, etc.?
STWSniper View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote STWSniper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2005 at 20:12
McMillan makes better stocks than BEll & Carlson IMO. I would pay the extra money for one.
B&C Buck View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B&C Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2005 at 20:06
Anybody else got an opinion?
whtsmoke View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whtsmoke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/20/2005 at 21:29
I used McMillan stocks on bench guns years ago when they were just getting started and they were quality then and i guess they still are, my only question would be is it worth the extra money over the cost of a B&C stock since i presume your are talking about a hunting rifle? I use B&C stocks as well as Houges on my hunting rifles and have never had any problems with them and the prices are not out of line. I guess you have to answer the big question yourself "do I buy a Lincoln or will the Ford do just as well" IMO Id go with the B&C.
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/22/2005 at 21:29
Another way to look at- How do feel about the extra bucks sliding a rocky slope, or kicked by a horse and broke. If you need the xtr-rigidity required in competition type shooting go McMillian, if not B&C makes a great product.
Ala-Gator View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ala-Gator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/27/2005 at 08:00
I put a B&C on a Ruger M77 (bedded and floated) and it has held up to 18 hunting seasons (mid-Nov thru Jan 31) in Alabama- hot and wet or cold and wet. It looks like somebody ran over it, but keeps on working 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic