OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > The Range Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New Deer Rifle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2009 at 19:23
Beware of the poison ivy too  --- rubber boots Thunbs Up

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/29/2009 at 19:31
 I CAN relate,Kb!!   I'm JUST gettin over the allergy attack from H*LL !!!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2009 at 16:56
I just had probably the worst day of shooting I've had since the first time I picked up a rifle.  I bought some new DG ammo for the 458 WinMag.  The WinMag is certainly not as accurate as the Lott.  Best I could do is 3rnds in 1in at 100.  I decided to zero them both at 100, so I moved to the Lott with open sights.  The first two rounds were touching each other right on the edge of the bull.  I made the mistake of firing 3 more.  They were all around outside edge of the x ring, but they sure were spread out.  No wind, perfect weather conditions, just plain poor shooting.  

I just thought of something... for over a year, every shot I've taken has been left handed.  For some reason, today, I shot right handed.  Didn't do it consciously, just did...  I usually trade out about every other range session, but for some reason got on a left handed kick.  Wonder why I just shot right handed???  Wonder if I am just out of practice right handed?  

Edited by Kickboxer - May/30/2009 at 17:05
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2009 at 16:29
Well, I have to go get two screws drilled out of my 7mmSTW.  Broke 2 Grabits already.  

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2009 at 16:41
Rough gig.

I do like the #1, always been a fan of that model.

Good luck with you other life's travails.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2009 at 04:26
Last night, right before bed, my daughter asked me "Dad, why DO you need two .458's?"  I had to think for a minute and realized why.  I said, "because sometimes you don't need enough power to knock down anything that walks on the planet... just enough to knock down anything that walks on North America... but it's always good to have the former handy."  She said "Oh" and went to bed.  

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2009 at 06:04
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2009 at 07:34

Thunbs Up  Your doin GOOD with her, Kb!  She's definitely got her priorities straight.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2009 at 08:00
Man your kid has definitely got her head on staright Dan!
God save the Empire!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2009 at 11:05
My daughter accepts my standard answer to similar questions...
"Just because it's cool!"
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/05/2009 at 11:08
Well that's because you are just so cool Ted!
God save the Empire!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/07/2009 at 08:56
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Laugh AboveNow there is an oxymoron if I ever saw one! 
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/08/2009 at 14:08
Just who's ox are you calling a moron?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2009 at 16:56
Dan is there really that much of a difference between the two, win mag or Lott?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2009 at 14:06
Hmmm, somehow missed this. 
There is a 0.300 in difference in case size and it makes a huge difference in powder capacity.  I've not found anything in WinMag that I think kicks particularly hard.  The Lott, if not treated respectfully, can put blue marks on both sides of your shoulder... and everything in between.

Trays 7940 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trays 7940 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2009 at 18:02
Nice rifle...

I don't shoot innocent animals, just the one's who look guilty.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2009 at 18:24
Thank you, Trays.  I really like it, but find it a bit "tame"...

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2009 at 18:39
does everything have to knock your teeth loose dan?? 
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/25/2009 at 21:58
That's why I have such an outstanding relationship with my dentist, actually the dental assistant...

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2009 at 06:16
Your putting her through school too?
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic