OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

stuck reticals!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: stuck reticals!!!
    Posted: May/04/2009 at 00:16
I just bought a used scope, 8-40 50mm Xoptics with illumined Y redical and I have limited windage adjustments and none at all on the elivation.  The scope is in immaculant conditon and everything else works.  Im not sure if there is a problem internally or if there is something Im not adjusting right.  I can see the crosshairs move left to right for about 2 out of 8 revolutions but up and down I cant see them budge.  Is there some lock or limit here? Or is this scope jacked! If so can it be fixed? 
TR
Bullet74 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bullet74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 07:19

If it's a Leupold send it in and they will take care of it one way or the other.

A BAD DAY HUNTING IS BETTER THAN A GOOD DAY AT WORK
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 07:42

All I see on google for XOPTICAL is binoculars that sell in the $10-$15 dollar range from China. On your next pruchase you may want to do research before you by in stead of after. Welcome to the OT let us know what your needs are and we can guide you in a better direction.

Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 08:19

Here's a start:

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showgallery&Number=551595

Edited by 300S&W - May/04/2009 at 08:23
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 09:07
XDOPTICS Better when you know what to look for. Thanks Earl.

Edited by 3_tens - May/04/2009 at 09:09
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 09:20
  No problem (got lucky!) but it doesn't sound good for troyster scope.   Here's some contact info for him:

Edited by 300S&W - May/04/2009 at 09:21
Sparky View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 12:18
This may sound like a silly question, but I am guessing is the scope is mounted on a rifle?And if so how did you tighten the rings? Did you use a torque wrench? Are the rings aligned properly? Most rings are tightened to somewhere between 15 and 25 in/lbs. And yes that is inch pounds, not very tight at all. If you over tighten the rings you could very well have the problems you are talking about.

The reason I bring this up is you say the scope is in great shape and everything else works.
troyster View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troyster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/04/2009 at 22:00
thanks for the replys. I didnt even tighten the rings up yet.  Im guessing that it is just a piece of junk.  I found that Zos and Xdoptics have a listing on ebey with identical pics of this scope, made in china and sell new for under 200.00.  I bought this one used at the last minute auction for 107.00 and thought I stoled it.  Should have researched better, but I got caught  up with the cool looking bells and whistles.  My buddy says he wants to take this scope to the two hundred yard range and put an Acley round thru the center of it at 4500 ft/second.  I may just let him do it.
TR
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic