OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Trade-ins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Trade-ins
    Posted: April/25/2009 at 18:28
Has anyone used the trade in deal ? if so was it fair, as far as value you set on your trade?
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 20:56
         Whistling
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 20:58
I haven't tried it yet. But I can't see Chris taking advantage of anybody.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 21:01
A couple of years ago I tried on a Vari X II like new in the box.  The trade in value was not what I wanted to get for it.  I was attempting to trade up to a Zeiss at the time.  I ended up just keeping it and buying the Zeiss.  I've had great succes turning over old scopes on an internet auction site the last few years.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 21:06
Yeah I just don't care for the auction sites my self I do look at them but never buy or sell I've had good luck at my local gun shop but they retired and the new owner lost the shop. and the word of mouth don't seem to be a good thing anymore as well, I will contact SWFA and get an Idea?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 21:14
Yea, I used the trade-in and was quite pleased.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 00:12
I have used the trade in feature several times. You just have to pick and choose which offers you accept and which you turn down because they are not enough. There is some  room for negotiations in any gun trade type deal and they are there to make money so you have to understand up front that you will not recieve full retail value but usually you can agree on a fair trade value and it can be a way to get something that you really need without having to come up with the full price.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 00:16
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Yea, I used the trade-in and was quite pleased.

+1  Me too!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 06:31
Yes they made very fair offers.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
magshooter1 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote magshooter1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 07:23
Originally posted by Horsemany Horsemany wrote:

A couple of years ago I tried on a Vari X II like new in the box.  The trade in value was not what I wanted to get for it.  I was attempting to trade up to a Zeiss at the time.  I ended up just keeping it and buying the Zeiss.  I've had great succes turning over old scopes on an internet auction site the last few years.

Same experience here.  Only I sold scope on auction site for almost 2x trade in quote.

Some people are educated BEYOND their intelligence.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 08:28
The trade offers tend to be on the low side BUT that's the way it is. If you can live with it, take it. If not, no hurt feelings. 
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 17:59
That is how it goes with trying to trade at a gun shop.Huge profit is always made when selling a used item at any outdoor store.One of the local hick gun shops here won't ever give a reasonable offer on trade in's and is making a nice living from buying up used guns with the scopes on them, pulls the good scope's off and puts a Bushnell Banner type scope and say's this is a $200 scope your getting for free with the gun.I can tell you he has sold many scopes on the internet auction and does very well.You might wan't to try that because your not going to get the price you wan't on trade-in. 
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 18:01
It is actually a gun I am thinking of trading, tried to sell but no takers.I think I would have a little leverage here???

Edited by rifle looney - April/26/2009 at 18:02
Horsemany View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Horsemany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 20:25
I thought you meant scope trade-ins to SWFA for the samplelist.
brodeur272 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brodeur272 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/28/2009 at 10:58
I've asked for trade in offers and found that I could sell them on forums for more.  I am aware that Chris has cost's he needs to cover.  I'd try it on a forum first.  There are many out there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic