OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

B Nickel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmedly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B Nickel
    Posted: April/25/2009 at 13:13
I recently acquired a scope Marked B. Nickel Supra Maarburg/l 4-16x56 e/d made in Germany. Does anybody have any info on this? Value ,age? I will probably sell it as I don't have need for such a big scope.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 14:16
Found this older post on the same scope.  May give you some info. 

You could also try to contact Nickel here:

Edited by Dogger - April/25/2009 at 14:22
God save the Empire!
iwilder View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2009 at 13:55
I think you will find that the B. Nickel Marburg scopes and the Gerhardt Nickel scopes are quite different.  They haven't been imported for a number of years.  The B. Nickel scopes that I own are of reasonable quality I have a 4x with a #1 reticle and 4-10x with a very small dot.  The variables have front focal plane reticles and are not constantly centered.    The dot is nearly invisible below about 6x.  It is about 1" at 10x. 

There were a lot of small optics manufacturers in Germany of which B. Nickel was one.  Hertel & Reuss is another that is also owned by Gerhardt Nickel.  They manufactured the first Weatherby scopes.  The ones which have the windage and elevation in the same turret and focus in the second turret. 

Is your scope a rail or conventional type and if so what is the tube diameter.  My 4-10x is a 27mm tube. Sort of hard to find rings.  If you want to sell the scope I may be interested.

Nickel AG
Bahnhofstr. 35
D-34311 Naumburg, Hessen
Germany

info@nickel-ag.com
http://www.nickel-ag.com
Tel +49.5625.999229
Fax +49.5625.999266
Ike
schmedly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmedly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/27/2009 at 15:23
A digital caliber gives a tube diameter of 30mm. It looks very clear to me, and it's also quite large. Yes I want to sell it , I don't need anymore scopes and want the money for other projects.

Thanks for the information.
iwilder View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iwilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2009 at 12:00
schmedly

What kind of shape is it in?  Could you post some pictures or email me some.  Any rings with it?  Any idea what you need to get for it? 

Thanks
Ike
schmedly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmedly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2009 at 16:51
Here are the pics, It has some rub marks from sitting in a box with other stuff. It also looks like somebody put touch up paint over ring scrapes. No scratches on glass. Has German reticle.

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2009 at 17:03
Those turrets are making me twist my head sideways. It is lying on it's side though, if it ain't ..... LOL

Edited by Steelbenz - April/30/2009 at 17:04
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
schmedly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote schmedly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2009 at 21:36
Anybody have any idea what this would be worth?
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/30/2009 at 22:05
worth would be only what one is willing to give ? if not a collectible! it is nice looking.
bro.steve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bro.steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/12/2012 at 22:47
If you still want to sell it call me at 214-478-8050 Steve
bro.steve View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bro.steve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/15/2012 at 13:36
BTW, is the left turret for range elevation?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic