OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex
    Posted: April/24/2009 at 19:58
Anybody try out the Vortex Crossfire 6-24X50? I thought Id try it on a nice little 204 Savage, fully coated optics, mill dot and for 99 bucks might be worth a try. I know its a budget scope but how does it hold its zero. I bought a weaver gs back in 03 as a budget type scope and was surpised by it how do you think it would match up?
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 21:08
They have good reviews. I have really been thinking about one also. My problem is that I don't care for the 50MM, but at the price that SWFA is offering its hard to pass up.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
GaCop View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GaCop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 05:18
I just put one on my 6mm BR.  I'm happy with it.  It replaced a Mueller 8.5X25 that was driving me nuts with the critical eye relief.  The Viper series look to be even better optics.
Tom
Muddy Buck View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 13:47
Thanks for your thoughts
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/25/2009 at 13:58

That Vortex deal sure seems like an awful lot of scope for the money. I don't need that type of optic at the moment, but it's really tempting to get one anyway.

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 07:33
Well I bought one Ill try to have it set-up in the next couple weeks and let you know how it goes
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 07:54
My friend has one but he paid $175 and said it was like his Simmons 6-24x50.For $99 buck's you can't go wrong.The warranty is very good. 
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 09:18
Originally posted by Muddy Buck Muddy Buck wrote:

Well I bought one Ill try to have it set-up in the next couple weeks and let you know how it goes
 I'd really appreciate hearing what you think of it overall.
I doubt the high-end magnification would be top shelf in image quality, but that is to be expected at that price level. Who knows, it may be pretty good.
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 17:46
Yes that is correct with this scope,the clarity at higher -end is a little blurry but at this price who cares.
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

Originally posted by Muddy Buck Muddy Buck wrote:

I'd really appreciate hearing what you think of it overall.
I doubt the high-end magnification would be top shelf in image quality, but that is to be expected at that price level. Who knows, it may be pretty good.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muddy Buck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/26/2009 at 19:06
Thanks boys, hope to have some good news next week!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic