OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski Optik EL (10x42) Binocular

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Capp35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski Optik EL (10x42) Binocular
    Posted: April/23/2009 at 10:58
I know the SLC went through many changes with armor and lens coating improvements (Swarobright for one), but has the EL model gone through any changes over the years?
If so when?

Thanks.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 11:07
Not sure if it went through many changes other the addition of  swaroclean. I think I suggested this before for the SLC's, call Swaro as they would have the most accurate info.

BTW, I love my 10x42 EL's.  Thunbs Up

Edited by mike650 - April/23/2009 at 22:36
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 12:23
There haven't been as many changes in the EL's because they haven't been around as long. And even one of the earliest ones would be superb.
haminator View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haminator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 20:24
The el's have not undergone drastic changes, as john said the are the newer model bino.  The only change I am aware of is the nitrogen purging of right now replaced argon along the way.  I have the 8.5x42s and they kick ass.  Very crisp, clear and light.  Will have them forever maybe.
The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.
"keep smiling, it makes people wonder what your up to.
"Eagles may soar, but weasles dont get sucked into jet engines.
Klamath View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Klamath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 22:08
The first EL version has a much slower focus wheel rate than the newer ones. That was a birder's inspired change.  I don't remember when they made the change.
Steve
"Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted". William Bruce Cameron

John Barsness View Drop Down
Optics Optimist
Optics Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Barsness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 22:21
Yeah, and the original was a PITA. You had to spin it forever! I had forgotten about that. Thanks for the reminder....
big boar View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote big boar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 14:33
Mr B., did not the "spin it forever" wheel allow for a more precise focusing? I've tried some binos that were a PITbottom because the focusing had to be "right on the money" or else. I know the birders want a fast dial so they can remain focused on a moving feather but wouldn't you rather have a finer adjustment in looking FOR game? I would think separating antlers from branches would require the finer, albeit slower, dial.  
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 14:43
Personally, I prefer fast dial focus for hunting. 
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic