OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

MOA How much internal adjustment .308 Cal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 09:51
The scope has not been mounted and is still in the box.  

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - May/26/2009 at 10:31

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 09:57
If the smudge doesn't bother you and doesn't obscure the triangle, keep it.

If it were me, I'd write Trijicon, tell them they screwed up, tell them to send a new scope and you will decide, once the new one is in hand, which to send back.  If they want this brand new scope to do well, initial reports need to be good - and this one ain't!

I've considered buying the same scope - that plan is on indefinitely hold till I hear that they treat you right.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 10:08
The glue smear is a bit odd but not nearly as troubling as the lines of the post not having uniform width.  It's like they are drawn on by hand and when you look through it for any extended length of time it it makes the post not look straight. 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - May/26/2009 at 10:31

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 10:55
PHOTO #1  5x outside  here it looks really funky like its not straight lines.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - April/24/2009 at 10:50

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 10:56
 PHOTO #2 20x from inside looking out you can see that lower illumination gives a sharper point to the triangle.  Here it looks like a barber pole.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - April/24/2009 at 10:49

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 10:57
PHOTO#3  5x inside looking out  Here it looks pretty good so it tends to look funky at  higher power and the more you concentrate on looking at it the stranger it looks where if you ignore it because there is something to target then it is not your point of focus and you dont notice the issue. But compared to say an IOR Mp8 or Nightforce mil dot or Leu TMR it's strange but at night all the issues go away and the tritium triangle is perfect with ideal illumination level.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - April/24/2009 at 10:49

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 11:18
Get Your Popcorn Ready
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 11:45
 It looks like a different reticle in each picture. 
You don't suppose it is some sort of reflection/optical illusion caused by the horizontal lines of the siding on the buildings in the backgrounds, do you?
 edited for spelling.

Edited by RONK - April/23/2009 at 11:47
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 12:18
I dont know what it is but I'm going bug eyedShockedtrying to figure it out. 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - May/26/2009 at 10:32

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 12:37
I like the drill bit look.  Bucky
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 15:46
 You know, I'm starting to wonder if the post is not a pair of lines or wires at all, but rather a clear hollow (Glass ?) tube. You would thus see various refraction or reflection patterns through it, like you would through a glass of water, depending on the background...
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2009 at 17:52
Guys it's like the 70's.know what I mean?Light It Up
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 10:48
I called Trijicon and Dave Spencer is out of the office until May 7 but I spoke with Brandon who is going to research the issue to determine if the scope needs repair or try to figure out what is going on.  He says photo 3 is how its supposed to look but we should get some feedback from Trijicon later today.  Stephanie has also been kind enough to try and help figure this out on SWFA' end.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 11:06
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I called Trijicon and Dave Spencer is out of the office until May 7 but I spoke with Brandon who is going to research the issue to determine if the scope needs repair or try to figure out what is going on.  He says photo 3 is how its supposed to look but we should get some feedback from Trijicon later today.  Stephanie has also been kind enough to try and help figure this out on SWFA' end.

You are much more diplomatic than I, whether the scope needs repair, I'd say that question has already been answered.

Let us know where this goes, one might be in my future, but it's looking doubtful at the moment.
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 11:16
 I think the mildot models  would be good.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - May/26/2009 at 10:33

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 11:34
Thunbs Up
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 16:19
 Not to beat a dead horse guys, but I really think I'm onto something with my last post.
Consider what I said there and then look again at the garage siding pattern to the left of the reticle post in the pic you posted at the top of page 3.  Please note that the number of siding pattern  lines corresponds very closely to the 'barber pole' lines you see on the reticle post. It doesnt show up that way at other magnifications.
 Am I way off base here, guys?

The reticle isn't crooked, reflections of images coming THROUGH it make it APPEAR that it is.

Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 17:48
PHOTO 0
Then why does it do it outside on the thousand meter rifle range?  This photo is at 5x and it is more obvious at 20x.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 17:54
I have the same reticle on a 3-9x40 with no such problem, no barber-poling with any backdrop (that I have seen - other than perhaps a barber pole. Obviously.)
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2009 at 18:16
What about the lines do they look equal width on yours?    And do they look straight?

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - April/24/2009 at 18:16

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic