OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Nikko Golden Eagel Talley'ed & Scoped

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2009 at 19:41
hey guys, man I worked hard today, no time to chat.. anyway it is japanese made from 1978-1982ish from what I have heard - just like what 300S&W  is saying. someone told me that name of the company that made it, I think it started with a G , I will see if I can find it.

Dooger and Cyborg - my old lady said HelloWink
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2009 at 21:02
  Hey J,Golden Eagle rifles were manufactured and distributed worldwide by Kodensha Co.,Ltd. of Tochigi,Japan. Both Nikko Firearms Co.,Ltd. and Nikko Arms Co.,Ltd were trade names.
  I've also read that a Winchester Model 777,a Golden Eagle look-alike, was made by Olin-Kodensha in West Germany in maybe the early 80's.
  NEAT stuff! 
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2009 at 23:01
Originally posted by Jsimoneaud Jsimoneaud wrote:

Dooger and Cyborg - my old lady said HelloWink
Howdy
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2009 at 03:46
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

So what do you feel they compare to as far as what's available today?  What are they chambered for?
Both are in 25-06. Hand me downs from dad, and grandpa. Grandpa's is like new, and will probably stay that way, as I put it back in the box. The other shoots 1/2" groups all day long with remington ammo. I don't really know what to compare the rifle to though, as they have a kind of weatherby type stock, but a 5 lug bolt, with the lugs on the back, and a short bolt lift like a Mark V. I guess you could compare it to a Browning. Here is a picture of the bolt design.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2009 at 07:36
  GOOD cartridge chamberings!  Kinda like the Shultz and Larsen action really.
Jsimoneaud View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jsimoneaud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2009 at 20:16
Hey Guys, thanks for all the info!!

Hey 300S&W - you got it pegged, thats who made it, going shoot her this weekend. heading up to the camp this weekend - in Woodville, MS - Friday about noon, for shooting  and morning turkey hunting.

Man I worked hard again today, we are changing out 500 computers at LA DSS  in Lafayette, LA, but tomorrow I am back in the shop in Baton Rouge - get to sit in my chair

Trigger29 - yours looks great, I think mine has a little more hunting wear on her, this dude I bought it from hunts in our BIG Swamp with Dogs.

later guys - it's  past my bed time

Edited by Jsimoneaud - April/22/2009 at 20:18
J Simoneaud
IT Security Supervisor
State of Louisiana
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic