OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Dogs, not wolves vs coyote

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dogs, not wolves vs coyote
    Posted: April/17/2009 at 10:29
OK, show us your dogs folks.
I'll start with my German Wire haired Pointer. She points and retrieves grouse and woodcock with the best of the pure pointing breeds I've hunted with.
She retrieves to water with the aggressiveness of any Chessies or Lab I've gone with, too.

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 10:56
My old basset has passed on.  These are my son-in-laws retrievers (brothers).
Note Paradise ducks in background behind the lab on the left.

Edited by Dogger - April/17/2009 at 11:17
God save the Empire!
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 11:46
Nice looking pair of labs, Craig. That is always a sad thing to lose a dog.
I'm not that far from you, being in Michigan. Is the right and left different in Ontario than here?Smile

Doug
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 11:54
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Nice looking pair of labs, Craig. That is always a sad thing to lose a dog.
I'm not that far from you, being in Michigan. Is the right and left different in Ontario than here?Smile

Doug
  LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 12:04
Unfortuately it is the bloody same.  Just has to be a defective gene that causes otherwise normal looking people to fear, loathe and otherwise blame inanimate object for all of societies ills.

Of course that is easier than doing some real soul searching and probably finding out that our societal decay is largely due to the rapidly declining family unit and loss of moral compass - doesn't jive with their entitlement nature and "want it now" mentality.

Other than that it's all good!  And I love a good hunting dog(s).

p.s.  BD you are absolutely right.  Sometimes you just have to laugh at all the bull!

Edited by Dogger - April/17/2009 at 12:06
God save the Empire!
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 12:07
Here are my pups:

"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 12:08
Great pic monster - like the colour contrast!
God save the Empire!
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 12:14
Originally posted by Dogger Dogger wrote:

Great pic monster - like the colour contrast!

Very nice.
Is that one pic from the Pacific shore?
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 12:17
Yes sir that would be San Onofre State Beach. Right by Camp Pendleton (marine base)

Great looking dogs Tahqua and Dogger! Man's best friend

Edited by Monster - April/17/2009 at 12:18
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 12:51
That's another thing I really like about Goldens and Labs, their coats are beautiful. You don't need to shop at http://www.uglydoghunting.com/index.php for supplies.
BillyWayne View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BillyWayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 13:03
I am allergic to dogs.  I do not own a dog but I have plenty of dog poop in my yard.  Neighbors think I want to love their dog as much as them I guess.  We have no leash law.  We do have an abandoned neighborhood dog that lives under my neighbors porch.  We feed her and she is a great watch dog.  I do pet her but with gloves on.  She is getting old and we will miss her when she is gone.....But I am annoyed with all the other dogs pooping in my yard. 
John 11:35
The're taking the hobbits to Isengard!!
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 13:05
Our (long hair) Akita, Harley.

“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
tahqua View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 13:06
Nice.....now that's a coat
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 13:16
Originally posted by BillyWayne BillyWayne wrote:

I am allergic to dogs.  I do not own a dog but I have plenty of dog poop in my yard.  Neighbors think I want to love their dog as much as them I guess.  We have no leash law.  We do have an abandoned neighborhood dog that lives under my neighbors porch.  We feed her and she is a great watch dog.  I do pet her but with gloves on.  She is getting old and we will miss her when she is gone.....But I am annoyed with all the other dogs pooping in my yard. 

Paintball gun bro.  A couple hits with one of those when they are popping a squat and they think twice about pooping in your yard.  Wink
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 13:44
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

Our (long hair) Akita, Harley.

I get the impression that as big as that dog is already, it is justy a puppy.  Correct?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2009 at 02:24
Those are quite some paws on that dog Mike! How big is he?
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2009 at 12:31
One of my dogs I take hunting for companionship ...only... she stay's in the truck while I am hunting.
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2009 at 12:57
That is a good picture Jim! Thunbs Up
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2009 at 14:28
Monster and Bud, in the picture he's 3.5 years old and weights 100+; 1.5 years later he still plays like a puppy and his coat is soft like one too.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2009 at 23:54

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic