OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Favorite Weaver Scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Favorite Weaver Scope
    Posted: April/14/2009 at 09:34
Just noticed some of the old time shooters with the newer Weaver scopes at the range the other day.Some of the rifles had Grand Slams one had the Classic Extreme with other older K series Weaver scopes.I have to admit some of these old Weaver scopes are still going strong.My favorite is the Classic Extreme with the side focus illuminated dot.It seem's that some loyal Weaver shooters are buying the newer scopes being made and supporting the newer Weaver line. 
sholling View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sholling Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2009 at 23:11
I mainly use them on rimfire target rifles. I own a RV9, a couple of V24, and a T24 but my favorite of those is the V24 with a Varmint-Plex reticle.

Edited by sholling - April/14/2009 at 23:13
NRA, SAF, & CRPA life member
Member Madison Society & Revolutionary War Veteran Association (Project Appleseed)

Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. ;)
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2009 at 06:46
 I've got two Grand Slams and four steel tubed ones.  So you know how I stand on Weavers. Sure wish I could afford one of the low powered variable CX's!
smitty View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/16/2009 at 23:19
I like the K series.  I use the K4 on my 30-06 for shots out to 300 yds.  I also have their 4x shotgun scope on my 22 lf bolt gun and it's a tie between these two for my favorite scopes.

I have other scopes and I regulariy shoot some of my friends rifles with expensive scopes but my K4 is the brightest and easiest to get on target with. 

I regret not getting their fixed power Grand Slam scope because I think it would have been the perfect hunting scope.
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/17/2009 at 22:10
I have an old V22 that I am partial to, I have it mounted on a Rem 592M in 5MM. Its the same year as the rifle 1970....
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic