OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Swarovski American info

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Swarovski American info
    Posted: April/13/2009 at 11:58
  Anyone got experience with this scope:

cccombo is wondering if it's "tunnel vision free" like the Z6.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2009 at 16:04
I have the Swaro 3x10x42mm versionn of it..Its a great scope I think, its very bright and clear. I cannot tell you if its tunnel vision free or not.. I have not noticed any tunnel vision effects myself. I bought mine because it was the clearest scope of that size at Sportsmans warehouse..I had not heard of SWFA at that time...Ive had other scopes but now Im looking at the Z6 2.5x15x44mm with the BR...Its spendy but I do not plan on buying many more scopes after this either...

JF...........
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2009 at 16:07
I have the 3-10x42 and it has no tunnel effect (in fact, the image appears to go edge-to-edge in beautiful and perfect resolution.)  It is definitely one of my favorite hunting scopes.

No tunnel, buy with confidence.

I have only had tunnel-effect with cheap copes or with very low-power scopes (1-4X and the like, and usually only at their lowest setting.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2009 at 16:16
 THANKS guys. I hope cccombo checks in. He seemed enthused with the SWFA ad I posted for him about the scope.
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2009 at 16:32
I have AV's  in 3-9 X 36 and in 3-10 X 42. They are awesome. Highly recommended.
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2009 at 15:11
+1, i'm completely happy with mine.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
cccombo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cccombo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2009 at 16:59
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

THANKS guys. I hope cccombo checks in. He seemed enthused with the SWFA ad I posted for him about the scope.

Thanks heaps 300S&W Excellent my Mrs saw the link to the Swaro American and was a bit shocked by the price,
What she doesn't know wont hurt her ay Bucky  
"In politics shared hatreds are almost always the basis of friendships."  --  Alexis de Tocqueville
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2009 at 17:20
 Thunbs Up  THANKS for the input guys.  cc it might not hurt her but she may hurt you! LOL
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2009 at 18:50
I have the 3-10X42 and 3-9X36 Swaro AV and both are virtually free of "tunnel vision."
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2009 at 20:34
I cant afford one!Whatever
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/14/2009 at 20:39
Sample List.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
BobH View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2009 at 21:10
I have one on my deer hunting rifle and like it just fine.   I have a Zeiss Diavari in 1.5-6x that I think is sharper to me, but the Swarovski is very light weight and low profile
flynt View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flynt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2009 at 22:33
So how does the 3-10 x 42 (1" tube) compare with the 2.5-10 x 42 with 30 mm tube?  Thanks.
boatammo View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boatammo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2009 at 11:28
I've had both. the av 3x10 is a super scope. The 2.5x10 30mm is incredible.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/18/2009 at 11:47
Traditionally, the benefits of the 30mm tube over a 1-inch tube are increased adjustment range and increased durability.
Swaro's website is down at the moment so I cannot check adjustment range, but I'd guess it is greater on the PH than the AV.
To my limited knowledge, lenses and coatings are the same for both lines.

I have not owned a PH, but do have the AV and have taken shots in almost complete dark, I never thought the glass was anything but great and cannot imagine a scenario where I would be at a disadvantage using an AV - except maybe on a .50-cal at a target 1500 meters out - then again...
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic