OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Need To Know

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need To Know
    Posted: April/10/2009 at 14:28
I'm looking to buy a Savage Model 10FP any information will help out.  Thunbs Up

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 14:29
 what do you need to know specifically??
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 14:33
Well how good are  they are with grouping ect.... you name it anything you know will help.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 14:35
They have a very good reputation for accuracy
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 14:35
tactical model comes in .223 or .308 beings its a savage its probably a pretty good shooter.

http://www.savagearms.com/10fp.htm

Edited by pyro6999 - April/10/2009 at 14:36
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 14:39
Yeah I'm thinking going with the 308, then getting bell & carlson  stock. topping it off with a SS Scope & Leopold mounts and rings.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 14:48
I bought a 10FP about a year ago, the cheap one with the cheap plastic stock. Replaced the stock with a Bell & Carlson tactical/varment stock before firing the first round. It didn't group well at first (over MOA), but as I work with it and different loads the groups are starting to shrink (1/2 to 3/4 MOA). I haven't had a lot of time to play with it, but it shows promise. I have had people tell me they got good groups out of the box, and others that had to shoot a couple of hundred rounds before the groups shrank to less than MOA.
My biggest beef so far is the blind magazine.
That help any?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 14:52
sure does thanks guys. need to run for the day. any more infor I guess I'll look @ it later
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 15:13
Had a pre-accutrigger 10fp, was a very good shooter, sad to say I sold it.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 15:24
   http://www.savagearms.com/10fpmcmillan.htm
  Do yourself a favor and get badger ordnance base and rings.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - April/17/2009 at 20:59

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/10/2009 at 21:10
unless your paying for the  badger ordnance base and rings think I'll pass. lol I got try stay in my price range,( old lady's rules) But really just went & shot one today with 24in barrel in 308 have to say that i really like it. so i think it all set in stone. now only if had a SS Scope on it. thanks again everybody for the  information.

Jamie
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2009 at 03:30
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2009 at 14:21
OK heading out to go buy one. so ya let ya know what i think about it in a day or so.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2009 at 14:35
Which caliber???
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2009 at 18:29
OK guys went out bought a savage 10FP 308 win with a 24in barrel  today with just the plain jane  stock that comes with it. got a buckmaster's 4.5-14x40mm scope laying around to use until i can get the SS , i'll try put some pic's with the next few days & tell everybody how i like it thus far. once again thanks to everyone.

Jamie
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/11/2009 at 20:04
If you are on a budget and would like to upgrade your stock look at the Bell and Carlson stock. You have a couple of choices and a multitude of colors and camo designs, these are not top self but just under, and they start at around $200.00 for the aluminum bedded series!

Edited by rifle looney - April/12/2009 at 09:10
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/12/2009 at 08:20
Wonder if he should have waited and tried to find an AccuStock model Savage?  Sounds like they might be worth it!  Has anyone see or shot one?
take em!
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2009 at 02:25
yeah that was the way i was going to go. pissed down rain & wind blew 20/30mph gusts so i held off on going out shooting. 
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/13/2009 at 02:27
yeah kind should have waited but oh well never was  much on waiting. 
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/15/2009 at 15:06
alright did some shooting yesterday. not bad shoot rifle . real happy with now to pick up the scope i want. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic