OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leitz Binocular ID

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 049_cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leitz Binocular ID
    Posted: May/04/2005 at 20:36
I have come across what appears to be some Leitz "trinovid" glasses marked made in portugal. I don't know, but I'd venture a guess to say that they are 8x28-30 or something in that range. They are compact and in good working order. I was wondering if anyone could tell me more about these and possibly what the going value of these are.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2005 at 09:59
They are the predecessor to the Leica Trinovid.  Leica is a contraction that stands for Leitz Camera.  The model you are referring to sounds like the model that they also made for Leupold and called them "Gold Ring" years ago.  Are they individual eye focus or do they have a center focus and an objective focus?  Are they rubber armored?
049_cricket View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 049_cricket Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2005 at 14:18

They are not rubber armored. They have a center focus knob and on the right objective lens is the parralax?

Heres a pic

When would these have been produced?

Edited by Chris
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/06/2005 at 12:00
Made in the 80's in the Leica owned and built Portugal factory.  Also sold and marketed as Leupold Gold Ring binoculars.  The right on focus was moved to the objective to make it more user friendly.  It is a one time focus to compensate for your eyes being different, has nothing to do with parallax.  A reticle has to be present in order for parallax to exist.  Today they are worth around $200.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic