OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Classic Extreme made in Japan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Classic Extreme made in Japan
    Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:57
We all know that Weaver has been having difficulties in the past with it's reputation.As far as I know the Grand Slam and Classic Extreme were made in Japan.Does anyone know which factory produced this scope.Many forums have even mixed reviews on the Grand Slam that certain years of manufacture were complete junk.The Classic Extreme was made in 2007 and stopped when a new company took over.Anyone in sales or corprate know the Weaver story?
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 11:03
 Only discrepancy I know of with reference to the GS's were the lenses. After Meade took over from Blount the lense supplier was changed and quality suffered. Or so I was told,as I've never looked through one. Both of mine are Blount's.
82ndVet View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ndVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 12:59
I looked through a grand slam 3-10x40 the other day...too bad I didn't have the cash on me, because I definitely would have bought it.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 13:04
 Got one on a Mod70 Classic Fwt.  NICE!
82ndVet View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ndVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 13:07
No doubt! I'll probably get on eventually. I'm waiting on a big brown truck to bring me a Vortex Diamondback. Should be here any minute now....Get Your Popcorn Ready
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 13:08
 ALMOST like CHRISTMAS!! LOL
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 13:15
Bought two Classic Extremes a few weeks ago on closeout and find them as good as my Bushnell Elite 4200.They were made in 2007 & discontinued by Weaver.They are built very strong the illuminated dot is perfect fo night shooting.At $289 and the features it has is a great bargain.
mastsif man View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
D. Overton

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mastsif man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 14:32
not sure, but i own a classic v seriew i bought about a year ago.  great optics for the price and it says made in japan on the side.  on a remington 6.5 magnum.
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 15:32
Originally posted by hunter12345 hunter12345 wrote:

Bought two Classic Extremes a few weeks ago on closeout and find them as good as my Bushnell Elite 4200.They were made in 2007 & discontinued by Weaver.They are built very strong the illuminated dot is perfect fo night shooting.At $289 and the features it has is a great bargain.

What is the warranty on these? 
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 17:26
As long as you are the original owner you need to get authorization from them and send in the money to cover the shipping.
Originally posted by swtucker swtucker wrote:

What is the warranty on these? 
armandiversace View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armandiversace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2009 at 19:49

We all know that Weaver has been having difficulties in the past with it's reputation.As far as I know the Grand Slam and Classic Extreme were made in Japan.Does anyone know which factory produced this scope.Many forums have even mixed reviews on the Grand Slam that certain years of manufacture were complete junk.The Classic Extreme was made in 2007 and stopped when a new company took over.Anyone in sales or corprate know the Weaver story?

Same turrets as the 6500 bushnell on the Classic Extreme

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armandiversace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2009 at 20:04
Shirstone has what looks like the Classic Extreme on the website. I think L.O.W. still makes the side focus 2.5x10x50 and the 1.5x4.5x24 just under a different name.
check it out.
 Edited to remove competitor.

Edited by cyborg - April/04/2009 at 20:06
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2009 at 20:08
Armandi...... Please refrain from linking to other scope sales websites.
Read rule number three.

1.  Keep it clean.  If you have to ask your self whether or not it's clean.........don't post it.  This includes images too, no blood, guts, nudity, etc.  Only respectful "Hero Shots" of harvested game can be posted.  Pictures of bloody game, game hanging or game in the bed of pick-up truck are not respectable.

2.  No personal attacks.  If you think someone is an idiot, (chances are) everyone else does too.  No need to post it.

3.  Do not advertise our competition.  We work hard to gain the respect and support of our customers.  We also offer a 110% Low Price Guarantee.

4.  No religious discussions or politics unless it relates to guns, optics, and or shooting.

5.  PM stands for Private Message.  Do not publicly share PM's without the consent of the sender.

6.  The Optics Talk forum is not to be used as a customer service tool for SWFA customers.  Tracking numbers, Order Status, Credit Card issues, etc. need to be directed to our Customer Service Professionals at 972-617-7056 from 8 a.m -5 p.m CDT or via e-mail at swfa@swfa.com.

7.  For Sale ads are to be placed in Member's Trading Post area only.  Read the For Sale Rules prior to selling.

With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armandiversace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2009 at 20:16
Shirstone is a scope maker can't buy direct. So tell me how is posting a link a problem. Don't hate.

More Weaver pic's
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armandiversace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2009 at 20:16

Looked all over Shirstones site can't buy direct.

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2009 at 20:26
Nope...... No hate here, just checked.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armandiversace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2009 at 20:37
 Weaver lined up with my Conquest and a Bushnell I had ordered before the end of 2008 two days before buying the Weaver Classic Extreme. The Bushnell was a great scope just I didn't need two low mag scopes at once.

82ndVet View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 82ndVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 12:51
That's a mighty fine looking optic!Excellent
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armandiversace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 17:24
Thankyou.
virtualrick View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote virtualrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2016 at 00:03
The 8-32x50 Classic Extreme that I purchased is clearly imprinted on the bottom "Made in Philippines".  FYI

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic