OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver Super Slam vs Leupold VX3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver Super Slam vs Leupold VX3
    Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:24
Was at the local gun shop and a customer asked which new scope was better a Super Slam or the VX3.The salesman said he sold out on the VX3, everyone he's had sold.The Weaver is made in Japan not the U.S. so the Weavers no comparison to Leupold.If any one has seen the new Weaver whats there impression and is it as good or in the same class as the VX3. 
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:33
 Don't know about the SS's but I've got two GS's and they're NICE scopes. Seems the new owners are getting serious.
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:38
I would be willing to bet that the new Super Slams will be built elsewhere in Asia....unlike the Grand Slams and K series which are built in Japan.....but they still might be very nice......probably not up to Leupold VX-3 though...........!!!   I believe the same scope has been built under the name "Intensity"......and it is probably very similar to the Nitrex scopes......
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:39
anything new weaver scares me, i dont know who will own weaver next week.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:43
Maybe Rootman after he puts SWFA out of business....Bandito   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:47
 Hey Ed. You collect OLD Weavers?
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:47
The Weaver Classic Extreme is also made in Japan and find the optics on par with the 4200.
Originally posted by Ed Connelly Ed Connelly wrote:

I would be willing to bet that the new Super Slams will be built elsewhere in Asia....unlike the Grand Slams and K series which are built in Japan.....but they still might be very nice......probably not up to Leupold VX-3 though...........!!!   I believe the same scope has been built under the name "Intensity"......and it is probably very similar to the Nitrex scopes......
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/03/2009 at 10:49
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Hey Ed. You collect OLD Weavers?

No I don't collect them.....I buy them and mount 'em up and sell them and trade them away....and buy more......I'm a junkie......Shocked   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
armandiversace View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote armandiversace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/04/2009 at 19:56
I  bet the new Super Slam will be made the same place all my other Weaver's came from, Japan. Nitrex was Japanese too.  Now the 40/44 series on the bottom of the Weaver page may be from another country.
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 07:44
Originally posted by armandiversace armandiversace wrote:

I  bet the new Super Slam will be made the same place all my other Weaver's came from, Japan. Nitrex was Japanese too.  Now the 40/44 series on the bottom of the Weaver page may be from another country.

yes.....maybe that's what my mind was thinking......anyway I'd like to see them....
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 20:39
The Weaver Super Slam is made by Light Optical Works in Japan, the same manufacturer of such scopes as the Bushnell Elite, the optical components of Nightforce, Trijicon Accupoint, etc.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic