OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

nice little gun show

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: nice little gun show
    Posted: March/30/2009 at 06:59

Buddy and I went to a show yesterday in Crete, NE.  Was kind of depressed when I entered and saw how small it was and the lack of customers.  I was hoping to get an offer on my P95.  Well, when it comes to GS's, you just never know!  There were several good buys and my buddy took advantage.  He picked up a mint Tikka 30-06 in stainless walnut with a Scheels scope(not great) for only $550.00.  The guy said his buddy shot one deer with it, but it sure doesn't look like its ever been out of the box!  He also picked up a Dan Wesson .357 for $325.00.  I almost pulled the trigger on a GP100 in stainless, which the guy had only $475 on it.  He also had a blued version for only $435.  Problem was I didn't get any hits on my Ruger and he wanted $200 to boot with my trade.  I'll probably wish I'd done it, but I'm gonna give my P95 a chance to sell and then go back and buy it.  Probably get the stainless.

We picked up some powder at decent price as well.  They had RL15, 17 & 19 for $19.99/lb.  We grabbed one of each.  He got a lb of Hogdon as well, but not sure which one and some primers.  Good to have friends that can reload!

After the show, we stopped at the local Wally and found some buys on ammo there.  They still had some Federal "blue" box in .270, .308 & 30-06 for 15.67 and .300WM for 16.97.  They didn't have any .243 or I would have gotten some of that! 
take em!
Ick View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
ICK, Ed's BOY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2009 at 10:55
Gun show in Pennsylvania this past weekend.  They are usually very well attended, this one was no exception.  For the first time that I can remember there was a LINE to get in.  About 20 minute wait.  Later on there was no wait to get in.

They had the maximum number of vendors possible in that facility.  It was wall-to-wall people.  The ammo guys ran out of some kinds of ammo.  By the end of the show there were some options sold out like certain inexpensive AR15 platforms and such.  Keep in mind, we have FIVE a year here and they are all like that.

They are usually wall-to-wall people, but this one was even more packed.

Edited by Ick - March/30/2009 at 10:55
--
Ick, Ed's boy,www.ick.bz
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic