OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Millett TRS scopes, any good?  Whats your opinion?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Millett TRS scopes, any good? Whats your opinion?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 15:10
Thanks, Pyro.

Noc, while we appreciate your zeal, please show our gracious host and his site some respect and NOT advertise for other optics vendors.
Thanks.
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 16:05
Originally posted by Nokturnaldoc Nokturnaldoc wrote:

Hi guys, It's me again and if ya need a great deal on a Millett scope I just bought 4 more of the Buck Gold models @ competitorss.com . I've never got them for this low of a price before so I took advantage of that great deal. It looks to me like your getting things figured out with one another about the 1/4 and 1/2 moa and the lit reticles and such,Personally I like the 1/4 or even the 1/8 moa adjustment turrets for the type of shooting that I do, and I've never looked through a scope with a lit reticle that I thought I couldn't live without So I still don't own one.
Anyway...I haven't been on for a while since I have been reloading like a wild man getting ready to head out West for some prairy dog action in May or June...Ya that's a good time !! Red Mist ...I got to get back to reloading bench now, I'll try to keep in touch with you guys better and keep informed. KEEP YOUR POWDER DRY! And good shooting to you all.

If you are a prairie dog hunter, I suspect you will never need an illuminated reticle.  For those of us who take shots at night or in very low light, illumination is very important.

I shot a hog on Friday night just as the little black beasts were fading into the black background.  Had it not been for my illuminated reticle, the piggie would either be dead or dying somewhere, and my cooler would be about 50 pounds lighter.

When you really need an illuminated reticle, you really need an illuminated reticle.

I had a Millett, I thought it was well priced and I felt I got what I paid for.  It was the DMS, haven't played with or shot any other Millett scopes.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 16:06
And now that I have hijacked the thread, your regularly-scheduled broadcast will resume.

Carry on.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
matc View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/06/2009 at 16:06
just to ask don't swfa match any price?  so why not get it here
matt
HBar View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/20/2009 at 19:41
Hey, just saw the post and signed up.  I bought a TRS-1 from SWFA on 11-16-09.  Mounted it on by Vanguard 338 WM, but have not got a chance to sight it in yet.  I was looking on the net tonight, and saw that there are "knockoff" Millett scopes out there,  and the info from Millett say's that you should look for missing registration papers and info books that are to come in the box, and that the serial # is on the turrett.  My papers were missing, and my # is on the bottom of the scope.  Can anyone tell me if I have the "real deal" or maybe a knockoff.  I returned to SWFA on the 17th, and they gave me a number to call to request a copy.  I called today and of course got Bushnell, and was on hold for almost 20 mins.  Never did get through to them, had to hang up.  Any help would be appreciated.
"Ain't got time to bleed"
0311GRUNT View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 0311GRUNT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2009 at 23:45
I think you got taken buddy......i believe that is correct about the serial# being on the turrett......but i cant imagine swfa doing this...I don't know
You cant hit what you cant see
KB0WZL View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB0WZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 00:56
Hello

The serial #  is on the bottom of the turret.  as to the maunal seems some factory scopes where shipped without manuals and cards.   You can down load the manual and send in the warrany info on the Millett web site.  

Sorry for the confusion. 

I would say you have a real millett scope.   if you have problem contact Millett and we will get it tacken care of. 

Good shooting

Steve
Millett / Bushnell
Steve
CatfishSteve View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatfishSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 01:11
Originally posted by Voodoo6 Voodoo6 wrote:

Nokturnaldoc, do you have the 4-16x TRS?

I thought the turrets on the Millet were unremarkable, especially considering the fact that they are 1/8 MOA instead of 1/4 like most "Tactical" scopes are.
(I never did understand that.)

Huh??? you would rather have 1/4 moa clicks than 1/8 moa clicks???? 
why ........
Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 03:48

???Why what???

1/8th clicks on a tactical scope requires way too much turning, leaving too much margin for error.
BR scope maybe, or varmint, but definitely not a tactical scope.
"A prisoner of the white lines on the freeway"
HBar View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 06:52
I finally got through to bushnell, and was told that it was, in fact a true Millett. Since the buyout, the serial #'s are on the bottom of the turrett now and that if I purchased from SWFA, I was safe! What a relief. Was in Tulsa since Tuesday and had hoped to take it out to the 600 yd range, but missed out on that.
Thanks to all the response. HBar
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatfishSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 09:11
well I'd rather have 1/8 moa any day and theres usually not more turning just more clicking when you do turn. but thats just me.
KB0WZL View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB0WZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 11:27
Hello

I dont like chicken, but I like turkey,  some like 1/8 and some like 1/4 clicks,   We try to make all happy but some times you just cant win. 

Main thing is to learn the use of the reticle and clicks.  Fine clicks have there place as do more course. 

Good shooting

Steve

Millett bushnell
Steve
Voodoo6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice
Now With Kung-Fu Grip!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voodoo6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 13:32
Cat, didn't mean to sound combative earlier.
If you like the Millet, thats all that matters.

Theres a couple of things about the Millet that I personally didn't groove with, but hey, thats why they make chocolate and vanilla, right?

"A prisoner of the white lines on the freeway"
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CatfishSteve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2009 at 18:44
no problem

but do they have any caramel?
BarryL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 13:54
Looking at the Millet scope line up, in particular the 4-16 mil dot 1/4moa, side focus target turret style. I cant find any info on the amount of vertical moa in them. Also Id like to read some first hand info on how well they track and they're repeatability. Quite frankly Im skeptical because of the great price compared to Bushnell 6500 similar scopes. Ive bought a few lower priced scopes and they seem to end up in the grandkids toy box within a year or two. Bought a Chinese MK4 knockoff from Ebay for $60.00. Surprisingly got 2 years out of it until the vertical turret became a wind up toy.
Also does Millet have any concerns shipping a mil dot scope to Canada?
HBar View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HBar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2009 at 19:08
Steve,  looks like it's your turn to bat   !Big Grin
axaviere View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote axaviere Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 08:37
i hate to pee in the pool, but when i got my TRS-1 i was really happy with it. then i started to learn more and decided to check the claimed 90 moa elevation. all i got was 66. the only other thing that bugged me was the manual that came with it wasnt the manual for my scope. it was forthe earlier version. even the PDF on the site wasnt updated. there were several things that didnt match what was in my hand. to be fair, i called millertt/ bushnell and they said just send it in. so now i have to pay to have a brand new scope that has been on a rifle that has never had a shot fired sent to have warranty work done on it. it seems like if it had been shot, that would make sense. but it was defective out of the box. so the bargain price is slowly going up. if you look on snipershide.com you will see that i am not the only one with issues. some resolved some not. one person has had 3 scopes. he finally got his money back. i appreciate the warranty being honored and them telling me to send it in, but i really object to having to pay any more than i have already paid. that may just be $10 or $15 but still, i thought once i paid for it, i was done paying for it. steve, i have sent you several  PMs on snipers hide and only gotten one reply. i dont mean to trash this product, i am only stating what my experience is and the experience of others that came to light as i posted about my issues. Steve, feel free to email me if you want to. AXE
just a guy with a rifle
BarryL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 08:46
EVERY manufacturer of somethng from scopes to candy bars to Rolls Royce is going to put out a dud. The proof is how the company handles this dud. My understanding is Millett doesnt have a repair facility and just replaces. Jump in here if Im wrong Steve and still looking for answers on my previous questions when your back to work and coffee'd up. Im up in Canada wondering if I can order a scope.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 09:11
Advertised elevation is usually total elevation, not what is available after mounting. I don't know how you tested yours, so ymmv.  
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
BarryL View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BarryL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/10/2009 at 09:21
Kind of wondering that myself. Most of the tests and reviews Ive read said they got MORE than advertised elevation.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
  Share Topic