OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

AR-style scope mounts question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remington700VS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AR-style scope mounts question
    Posted: March/28/2009 at 08:39
Good morning fellow shootersCool

I currently purchased the weaver V3 1-3x20 (which is awesome) but I have no efficient way to mount it...

I was looking into the buying a one piece mount...

New Burris AR-P.E.P.R. 1 Scope Mount

My question(s):

How high will this mount my scope?
Will I still get a good cheek weld?
Does anyone have a used model for sale?Big Grin
Remington700VS View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remington700VS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2009 at 08:42

Send this page to a friend
  • Matte
  • Picatinny Tops

< id=AddToCart_14264 style="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px" name=AddToCart_14264 ="return validate && AddToCart_14264_Validator" =addtocart.aspx?return=showproduct.aspx%3fproductid%3d14264%26categoryid%3d2735%26sename%3dnew-burris-ar-pepr-1-scope-mount&productid=14264&variantid=14278 method=post>< = value=0 name=IsWish> < = =text/> function AddToCartForm_14264_Validator(theForm) { submitonce(theForm); if ((theForm.Quantity.value*1) < 1 "Please specify the quantity you want to add to your cart"; the.Quantity.focus; submitenabledthe; return false; submitenabledthe; return true;
Order Here
Stock # Price Quantity  
410343 $69.95 < id=Quantity size=3 value=1 name=Quantity>
RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2009 at 08:54
 This is a very new item, I doubt you'll have much luck finding a used one yet. Very reasonably priced new, though, for what appears to be an extraordinarily nice mount for the money.
 It was obviously designed for correct mounting height on a flattop AR, so I doubt you'll have any issues at all.
I like your choice of scopes, too. Should be a very useful and versatile rig!
 Good luck and send me a P.M. when you get it together; I'd love to hear your opinion of it after you get to shooting it.
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2009 at 15:13
Haven't used one of these, but looks like when you touch your nose to the charge handle you should be lookin on target. Let us know how things fit. Good Luck!

In fact I think I'll order a set..

Edited by Sgt. D - March/28/2009 at 15:15
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2009 at 01:10
Looks like a bargain to me. 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remington700VS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2009 at 20:59
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

Haven't used one of these, but looks like when you touch your nose to the charge handle you should be lookin on target. Let us know how things fit. Good Luck!

In fact I think I'll order a set..

Hey thanks...

I will buy the mount in the next couple of days Bucky (cant wait for thatYippee)

As soon as the project is completed I will take pictures and share my evil black rifle Cool
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remington700VS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2009 at 21:05
Oops, I meant to quote RONK ^^^^^
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2009 at 21:11

No problem,  You can't go wrong quoting Sgt. D!

Hey Sarge, if you get a set, share your thoughts with us too!

(GREAT- what's going to happen now is that niether of them will actually order one, each waiting to see how the other likes it, first!)

Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remington700VS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2009 at 21:23
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

No problem,  You can't go wrong quoting Sgt. D!

Hey Sarge, if you get a set, share your thoughts with us too!

(GREAT- what's going to happen now is that niether of them will actually order one, each waiting to see how the other likes it, first!)

You are pretty darn close to the truth with that I'm affraid... Excellent

For the price I think its worth a try. Yippee

RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/29/2009 at 21:31
  I agree about the price. Good solid company making them, too.
 Don't be too surprised if it is backordered for a bit. They may be a little tough to get at first...
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Remington700VS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2009 at 10:01
I checked some other sites and it seems it wont be shipped for sale until the 31st...Roll Eyes
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/30/2009 at 13:25
 Get your order in early!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic