OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell 6500 vs. Zeiss Conquest

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell 6500 vs. Zeiss Conquest
    Posted: March/26/2009 at 18:46
Has anybody compared these two ? I have not been able to look thru a 6500.
The Bushnell has a 30mm tube, they both have side focus.
I guess it comes down to the glass
Thanks
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 20:07
The 6500 is a very well made scope.The Zeiss Conquest has a tad better optics but I prefer the 6500 as it's more versitile. 
cbm View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cbm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2009 at 06:04
I have a 4.5-14x44 Conquest and a 6500 2.5-16x42 ! They are very close optically "to me" .........even at last light ! The 6500 has tons of eye relief ! But the Conquest has a better reticule that stays black in all lighting whereas the 6500 will turn slivery in brighter light . I think the Conquest seems to have a wider fov on most powers as well.

I'd lean toward the Conquest if money did not really matter.............otherwise I would go towards the better deal $$ !! Say a Con. 4.5-14x44 mil-dot w/target turrets @ $950 vs a 6500 2.5-16x42 mil-dot w/factory adjustable turrets at $699...............I'd go with the 6500. But my Conquest is a model they were discontinuing last year and I got it from Chris for $599 !

dougedwards View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dougedwards Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2009 at 21:19
There are several things you might want to consider here and one of them may be price.  In comparison both scopes are approximately same size and weight.  The Conquest is widely considered to have slightly better optics and the Bushnell has rainguard applied to the lenses.  There is an obvious wider range of magnification offered by the 6500 with a much greater field of view offered on the low end (24.9 feet @ 4.5x for the Conquest vs. 41 feet @ 2.5x for the 6500).  Also the 6500 has 3.9" eye relief as opposed to the 3.5" offered by the Conquest but that is really no biggie. The Bushnell also comes with a sunshade and a no questions asked one year return policy although it would take approximately three months to get your money back if you decided to return it.  I would give the nod to Zeiss in the customer service dept.

If someone were offering me one or the other I think I would go with the Zeiss.  But if I were to have to pay for it myself I would go with the 6500 which is why I have one.  Noone is stepping up to give me a scope to try out.Sad
but you brethren are not of the flesh but of the spirit if indeed the spirit of Christ dwells within you...Romans 8
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic