OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

This kind of thing is just bugs me

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This kind of thing is just bugs me
    Posted: March/26/2009 at 05:00
Hey,

I guess I'm getting old and grumpy. I'm getting tired of "fad" type words and phrases that are essentially meaningless and nothing but a waste of words.

Here's an example of one of the latest and I'm hearing it and reading it more and more.

I was shopping today and asked a clerk what the price was on an item that was unmarked.

He waved the UPC code reader over the item and said:

"The price point is $199 before the tax."

For some reason, I felt a flash of anger and told him, "Im not interested in the g*dd*m 'price point,' I just want to know the g*dd*m price". He looked very confused.

I left the store feeling kind of stupid.

I told my wife about it when I got home and she said, "You're turning into a mean ol' b*st*rd," but she was smiling when she said it.

So I guess, at this point in time, at the end of the day, I'm just and old school guy. But it seems to me that back in the day we didn't waste words like this.

But then again, I wasn't in the best of moods to begin with, so this guy's idiocy may have helped create the perfect storm. Or maybe I'm getting worrried about the size of my carbon footprint. I know I'm not living green enough.

Hey, I guess it is what it is. The clerk is probably an awesome guy. I went back to the store to apologize but the store manager told me the guy went missing right after I left.

My whole day just felt surreal after that. Well, my thoughts and prayers are with his family. I'm thinking he probably just went out to get a chipotle burrito with some pine nuts.

See ya!

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 07:14
Hmmm.............maybe he was an angel..............and he went back to turn in his report.   Shocked
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/27/2009 at 18:11
You were not at Wal-mart You can never get help there any more. Then you get to the register 11 people in line. Remember I said the register. There are 17 in the store but only one is open. When you calculate your time vs your hourly wage, Shopping there gets very expensive. It is much cheaper to shop at the R&R grocery. Sure some prices are slightly higher, but you get in and out in under 10 min. Where you waste 35 min hiking across the store at Walmart them (If you have the patients )wait 21 min more in line. Then the hike across the parking lot because there are 55 Handicapped spaces sitting empty. More times than not at the line the cart is abandoned, so they have to pay someone to put the stuff back on the shelves. Should have had them checking.
Soap Box    Sorry about that Mickey .....I feel better. Thank you.
Now where are those pills?

Edited by 3_tens - March/27/2009 at 18:14
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic