OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Private Messages

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Private Messages
    Posted: March/25/2009 at 18:37
Gentlemen,

Lately there has been a rather alarming trend going through my inbox.

Quite a few different people send me a PM when they want my opinion on a particular scope choice.  I am quite flattered, but that trend is reaching proportions that defeat the purpose of having an open forum.

The idea behind a forum like this is that it gives you a chance to ask a question once and get a number of responses from many people.   If you want my personal opinion (which is very flattering), I will be more than happy to provide it in an open forum.  I assure you that my advice in an open forum will be the same as the one in a PM. 

If a question is something that, for whatever reason, you would rather not post for everyone to see, then by all means send me a note. 

Otherwise, start a thread with your question and if you want me to look at it, go ahead and let me know that you started a thread.

Thanks
ILya

PS.  I will be out of town for a couple of weeks starting tomorrow morning, and I will not be particularly responsive in the meantime.
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 18:44
Salute

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 18:48
Team player: let's try to be one!

(Though I know I am among the offenders. It nice to know one has the "inside track", I guess now I am just another average Joe.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 18:49
EVERYBODY SEND ILya A PM....

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 18:56
Better hurry!!!  Big Grin
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 18:59
This is exactly why I have changed my signature line to what it reads now! I am getting overwhelmed by PM's on scopes and I for one am not even that knowledgeable on the subject. Just the basics and I know what I like and dislike. mostly from trial and error.
257WM_CDL-SF View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 257WM_CDL-SF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 19:13
is  guilty  and sorry  if  bothered  anyone
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 19:21
Yep It goes with the teretory if they always address their Not Politically Correct questions to me Devil  God only knows what kind of questions they have been sending Cheaptrick ~Shocked  no wonder he wants to change his name.Say What

SWFA's O.T. Scopies Award Winners for 2008 Season
Most Knowledgeable
  KoshkinElite

Most Influential
  KoshkinElite

Most Helpful
  Supertool73 / Koshkin (tie)CoolElite

Best Grammar
  RifledudeSnoopy

Best Typer Quality
  RifledudeSnoopy

Best Foreign Contribution
  8shotsCencored

Rising Star
  BudpermBow

Most Loved
  StephanieAngel

Best Use of Photos
  Mike650Cool

Best Avatar
  Bricat / Monster (tie)Cheers

Best Signature Line
  Chris Farris IIMustang

Best User-name
  Rancid Coolaid  Bow

Least P.C.
  UrimaginaryfrndDevil

Most ~
  CheaptrickQuestion

Best Photoshopper
  Chris FarrisBatman

Best Sport
  Bigdaddy0381Rudolph

Most Word-Free Posts
  Ed ConnellyShocked

Most Active
  Pyro6999Kneel Suckers

Best Post Whore
  Pyro6999Gal

Best Kiss Ass
  Pyro6999Embarrased

Best Use of Emoticons (smileys)
  Ed ConnellyBaby

Best Youtuber
  Mike650Mean Computer

Best Drama Queen Supporting Role
  Pyro6999Bear Arms

Best Drama Queen
  KickboxerKarate

Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Role
  CyborgParty

Best Actor in a Comedy Role
  CyborgParty

Best Typer Quantity
  Chris FarrisStar

Best Speller
  Ed ConnellyYep, Thought So

Worst Speller
  Bigdaddy0381Dude

Entertainer of the Year
  Ed Connelly

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 19:35
Guys, I do not mind receiving PMs.  I will do my best to answer a question when asked and it takes me the same amount of time to do it in a PM as it does in an open forum.

The point I am trying to make is that if so much of the communication occurs via PMs, the forum suffers.

Also, this is not addressed to any one person. 

ILya
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 20:26
I'm sure you do get swamped with questions, Hang in there buddy.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 20:32
We all love you in a very non-queer way, but it would be nice if you would answer my PMs a little faster.

Thanx
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
swtucker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swtucker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 20:44
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

We all love you in a very non-queer way, but it would be nice if you would answer my PMs a little faster.

Thanx

Roll on Floor Laughing
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 20:45
I think that recent events within the OT have caused some to go "under ground" for fear of being ridiculed by some for asking questions in the open forum.  We need to assure all our friends in the OT that the persons in question, that were blasting people for asking questions, and were embarassed or made to feel stupid, need not worry.  The rudeness has been dealt with and won't be tolerated.  It was against the very grain of the purpose and intent of the OT, The open sharing of knowledge, experiences and opinions.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 21:10
Direct all tax and marital advise questions to my box, while His Darkness is on sabbtical.

Koshkins disciples are many......And for good reason.

Thanks for all you do for us here, Koshkin.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 21:41
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

I think that recent events within the OT have caused some to go "under ground" for fear of being ridiculed by some for asking questions in the open forum.  We need to assure all our friends in the OT that the persons in question, that were blasting people for asking questions, and were embarassed or made to feel stupid, need not worry.  The rudeness has been dealt with and won't be tolerated.  It was against the very grain of the purpose and intent of the OT, The open sharing of knowledge, experiences and opinions.

That is a good point.  In my mind, the only question worth ridiculing is the one that was never asked.

ILya
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 22:38
Thanks Ilya. I'll try and be nice to your box. Sorry
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 07:57
Originally posted by cyborg cyborg wrote:

Thanks Ilya. I'll try and be nice to your box. Sorry

Damn Bill!!!

That oughta make Ilya feel better.
God save the Empire!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 08:58
Hey Koshkin, I was planning to PM you about this hang-nail I have........................Bucky   
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic