OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Confuse leupold EFR,who can help me?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Confuse leupold EFR,who can help me?
    Posted: March/25/2009 at 02:07
I buy a leupold 6.5-20  in object len have meter and yard, i show in the pic,can tell me ,if i want to set parallax  in 15 ,20,30,50,100 meter,how turn the object len?

RONK View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 09:52
 I'm not sure about that scope, but it appears that you have to turn it more than one full revolution to go from 10 meters to infinity.  I would turn it all the way in to start with , and then read low to high as you go, stopping where you need to be. In other words, thirteen meters is one full turn less than 100 meters, approximately.

By The Way- What the heck kind of a name is RONG, anyway?  Howdy 

Edited by RONK - March/25/2009 at 09:54
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 10:32

just so you don't do it the rong way-- turn clockwise until stop ---this is infinity, and like most leo will probably past the mark depending on the scope, counter clockwise takes you back to close objects, which should be apparent just looking thru the scope. don't count on settings to be calibrated to the actual distance.

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 11:22
Right turn gently untill it's clear forget the markings.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Rong1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 12:23
I know it from 10 meters to infinity, i confuse why the mark number have out of order.I used many AO scope,10->15->20->30->50...............
but this scope 10->30->25->20->18->16...........

what that mean?
how use???

IF i want to set parallax in 15 meter.

turn objective clockwise to pic 1 position or 2 position?

RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 12:42
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

just so you don't do it the rong way-- turn clockwise until stop ---this is infinity, and like most leo will probably past the mark depending on the scope, counter clockwise takes you back to close objects, which should be apparent just looking thru the scope. don't count on settings to be calibrated to the actual distance.

I see what you did there, Dale...shame on you!                       Poker       Big Smile 
RONK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RONK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 12:46
Originally posted by RONK RONK wrote:

[QUOTE=Dale Clifford]

I see what you did there, Dale...shame on you!                       Poker       Big Smile 

rong1-  Ignore the numbers. Look through scope, turn slowly until clear.
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 13:02
just sayin don't turn it the wong way.
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 13:08
Sounds like he is saying his adjustment markings are out of order on the barrel?
God save the Empire!
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 13:13

yes almost like it was double stamped.

Rong1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 00:24

Turn the AO focus ring COUNTERCLOCKWISE (when looking throgh the eyepeice)until it stops.

next:

1 Turned CLOCKWISE from 10m->30->25->20->18->16 ,but it no numerical order.

OR

2 IF Turn "COUNTERCLOCKWISE" from (first circle) 10m->13->14->16->18->20->30->40 (second circle)->50->100->200->400?

which is right?
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 08:53
Why dont you take a digital photo of it and send the photo to Leupold and ask them if the scope is marked correctly and if so if they can provide an explanation.  I dont ever pay much attention to the markings on the front parallax because I'm at the other end of the scope and I just turn it untill it works.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 14:45
I have this scope and it is marked correctly. On this particular scope there is more than one revolution between the near and infinity settings.

In your owners manual it tells you to turn the AO counter clockwise as you are looking at the scope from the eye piece until you get to the 10m. You may have to turn it until it stops and then back to 10m if you are on the second revolution. This is the closest setting. Now when you turn the AO clockwise to 13 and then 14. The 100 that is between the 13 and 14 up higher is the setting on the next revolution. Or another way to say it is the numbers are in sequence and if a number is higher like in your sequence from your post it is that value on the NEXT revolution.

Also do not expect that the values are correct for a specific yardage. More than likely they are close. Mine are quite close but from what I understand is that they will vary a little since everyone's diopter is set differently for their eyes.

Wow so this is what Yoda feels like.
Rong1 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rong1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 20:58
Originally posted by Rong1 Rong1 wrote:

Turn the AO focus ring COUNTERCLOCKWISE (when looking throgh the eyepeice)until it stops.

next step:

1 Turned CLOCKWISE from 10m->30->25->20->18->16 ,but it no numerical order.(wrong)

OR

2 IF Turn "COUNTERCLOCKWISE" from (first revolution) 10m->13->14->16->18->20->30->40 (second revolution)->50->100->200->400? (right)

which is right?

Thank U Sparky,so my the second way is right?
Sparky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2009 at 21:32
Yes.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic