OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

New 40/44 series Weaver scopes?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New 40/44 series Weaver scopes?
    Posted: March/24/2009 at 23:45
Hi,

I'm wondering if any of you guys have any info on a new Weaver scope series they are calling the 40/44.

Can't seem to find much about them except at the Weaver website and it's real basic spec stuff.

I was hoping to find someone that has used one of them.

Mike
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/25/2009 at 06:19
No, I have not seen anything here yet except a link to their pitifully general website.  But once the scopes are out in the world, SWFA will be all over them!!  Big Grin   I am very interested in finding out all about them, too. 
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
mr.coon View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.coon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2009 at 11:22
this is the response i got from weaver when i asked them about these scopes:

Yes the 3.8-12-44 has a AO. No they are not like the old Simmons AETEC
scopes.They are mfgd in the Philippines.

i am considering buying one of these to top my .17hmr. i have not found any reviews of them yet. i think i might end up being the guinea pig.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2009 at 17:42
  And don't think we here at OT don't APPRECIATE your sacrifice!  Bucky

By the way,WELCOME to ya!!!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/02/2009 at 23:48
Originally posted by mr.coon mr.coon wrote:

i think i might end up being the guinea pig.

A valliant effort - to be commended. Appreciate you taking one for the team let us know how you like it we might want one too. American Flag

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - June/02/2009 at 23:48

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mr.coon View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mr.coon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/03/2009 at 09:17
well, today is the day. i am headed to my sporting goods store to have them order me oneSalute
goinforbroke View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goinforbroke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 20:30

I have read some on these scopes and I think they are the same as these:

If I'm not mistaken, they are made by ATK in the P.I.
Apparently, the intensity brand was a new offshoot from ATK and didn't take off so, they are now being sold under the Weaver name. 

Field&Stream really liked the 40-44. They got the best of the best award for 2009.

I think I will be getting one under the Intensity name (provided they are actually the same scope)  as the price is even less under that name.

On another note, I have 2 weaver grand slams in 6-20AO and absolutely love them. One is a dulpex/dot and one is fine crosshair/dot.  My only complaint is the fine crosshair is too fine for my eyes. 

danjojoUSMC View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danjojoUSMC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 23:26
Looking forward to your observations mr. coon.  Wonder if they are made at the same plant as the Nikon Monarch and Vortex Viper riflescopes.
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be"

"Every part of life comes into focus just as you are about to pull the trigger."
DrewsShootingSports View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrewsShootingSports Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/04/2009 at 23:38
Mr. Coon:  Make haste indeed!  I was just wondering about these scopes today (I have a customer who is in need and I myself am as well, and these are in the price range and feature range...).  I did some reading, and it seems that it is the Intensity brand indeed that was renamed 40/44 when ATK bought back the Weaver brand.  
rjtfroggy View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rjtfroggy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2009 at 03:35
Do a search here and you will find your answer.
froggy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic