OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Funny Story From A Well Know Leupold Personality
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Funny Story From A Well Know Leupold Personality

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Obi Wan Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Funny Story From A Well Know Leupold Personality
    Posted: March/22/2009 at 23:00

I thought I'd share a funny story here from this past weekend. I am in no way trying to ruffle any feathers, pick any fights or put anyone down.

I was at Bass Pro Shops this past weekend going to get some mineral licks for my deer & to find some new turkey calls. Low and behold I ran into a very well known TV personality that was in the store in the turkey section. We talked turkeys for a bit then we started talking deer.

He pulled out his cell phone a shared a picture with me of a massive 150 inch buck he shot last October. I won't name this guy but you all know this TV personality. He's a representative of Leupold & he uses Leupold products, so you would think. Anyways we talk a little more & I'm in awe of this buck & he goes into telling me the full details of telling when how where the buck was shot.

Then we got on the topic of scopes & I said to him, "Yeah I see you hunting on TV with the Leupold 4.5-14." He paused & started laughing. He said, "Man that is just television & I represent the company on TV. But when the camera is off I hunt with a Swarovski or Zeiss scope depending on what part of North America I'm in & what rifle I'm using on my personal time". He said the deer that was on his cell phone would have never been killed with a Leupold scope, it was shot at first light at 200 yards away.  

I just cracked me up how non chalante he said it. Big Grin
rifle looney View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rifle looney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2009 at 23:09
And for this I thank you .....I hunted with a guide wont mention his name! but he took a famous archery hunter on a hunt and it was filmed, guess what before they aird it they edited the whole thing and it wasn't even the same place they hunted when filming? goes to show.....TV LAND
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 04:01
Never believe everything on TV or the news. I have first hand experience of similiar stories!
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 06:14

Coffee
Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 06:15

One of the guys I know whatched a big fishing show being filmed on a local lake. They had three boats "feeding" the camera crew fish. 

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 06:17

Shocked

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 09:44
WOW!  I've often wondered how much of what is shown on those hunting and fishing shows is fraudulent, due to the pressure to show successes on every episode and the advertising dollars involved. 
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
hunter12345 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunter12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 11:38
Leupold has a strong influence on TV, magazines & here also.You can see from one article how Leupold destroyed the competition on every test.I went on a hunt where a famous TV guide was using a non Leupold scope.I asked him what happened to your favorite scope and he said I'm not filming a commercial.You want to shoot a deer when theres light you can use a cheap Tasco, they work.If you want to shoot a Buck at Buck Thirty you need a 30 mm tube with a large bell like this Zeiss.  
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 12:30
Was watching an episode of Tony Dean a few years ago and if you paid attention, you would notice that the guy he was with had different pants on half way through and then they were switched back by the end.  Slow fishing so they did a little edit room altering.
If nobody ever said anything unless he knew what he was talking about, a ghastly hush would descend upon the earth. AP Herbert

Stupidity & ignorance have been the foundation for many certainties.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 12:36
Get Your Popcorn Ready
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 13:10
If you watched nothing but some of these shows you would start to believe that the only two scopes being used out there today were Leupold and Swarovski. I think they are the two biggest sponsers of hunts you see on TV.
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 13:11
i see a lot of nikon and trijicon on the shows i watch. even some bushnells sneak in from time to time.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 13:25
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

If you watched nothing but some of these shows you would start to believe that the only two scopes being used out there today were Leupold and Swarovski. I think they are the two biggest sponsers of hunts you see on TV.

The difference is Swaro's are excellent in low light conditions vs. Leupold. To be fair, I've never hunted with the new vx(x) series scopes but have many times with vx-II's and vx-III's.

Edited by mike650 - March/23/2009 at 16:15
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 13:37
Yes, but I believe the new VX7 comes with a set of steak knives and the poor Swaro does not.
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 13:40
Originally posted by Roy Finn Roy Finn wrote:

Yes, but I believe the new VX7 comes with a set of steak knives and the poor Swaro does not.

Roll on Floor Laughing
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 13:48
Originally posted by hunter12345 hunter12345 wrote:

If you want to shoot a Buck at Buck Thirty you need a 30 mm tube with a large bell like this Zeiss.  

It's not your statement hunter, but what does a 30mm tube have to do with light transmission?

Edited by tahqua - March/23/2009 at 13:56
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 13:52
I wonder if Optimus is reading any of this??????
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 13:57
You people seem to be implying that TV ain't real, and that is just plain stupid.

Next you
ll try to convince me there is no Jurassic Park, I saw it at the movies, I KNOW it is real!

And yet another vote for Swaro and Zeiss, I guess if your stuff is good enough, you don't have to pay people to shoot it in public.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 14:18
Originally posted by SD Dog SD Dog wrote:

Was watching an episode of Tony Dean a few years ago and if you paid attention, you would notice that the guy he was with had different pants on half way through and then they were switched back by the end.  Slow fishing so they did a little edit room altering.
I was going to post earlier about a tv show that was being filmed on Lake Oahe. We were there the week it was going to be filmed. When we came in the first day with a nice limit of fish, the "tv expert" was on us like rats on a Cheeto, asking us where we caught them, what did we get them on, what time, you name it. I figured he's no more expert than anyone else........he's just better at prying a fishing report out of other than I am. Anyone care to guess who's show?...........

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/23/2009 at 14:19
bill dance?
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic